My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Can you stream recordings to Tablet outside Home?

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

bradavon

I understand you can't stream Live Broadcast TV to a tablet/phone outside of the home due to licensing.

What about Recordings?

Thanks

| Mon 31 Oct 2016 12:43:31 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Using a device like a slingbox you can view recordings and live TV anywhere in the world, however your isp upload speed is likely to severely restrict quality. You can also use a V-Box to watch live TV and recordings anywhere.

You would have to use the box analogue outputs, which at a guess is composite video and analogue audio on the 4000T.

http://www.vboxcomm.com/uk-freeview-and-freesat.html

If your ISP regulary changes the IP address of your router you will need a dns server (I get a free one with my Asus router).

| Mon 31 Oct 2016 12:59:41 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

bradavon

Nice thanks Graham. It's a little more complicated than I was thinking of though.

It would only be used from time to time so I was wondering if the native app allowed this.

| Mon 31 Oct 2016 13:34:54 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

bradavon - 2 hours ago  » 
    Nice thanks Graham. It's a little more complicated than I was thinking of though.
    It would only be used from time to time so I was wondering if the native app allowed this.

I don't have 4000T so can't answer that, I doubt it though. Some Panasonic smart TV's allow remote viewing of recordings and live TV.

| Mon 31 Oct 2016 16:25:51 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

bradavon

Yeah thanks you can't stream Live TV to a tablet outside of the home so I suspect Recordings are the same (you need to be on the same Wifi network).

I live on my own so wouldn't need tablet support in the home.

| Mon 31 Oct 2016 16:45:08 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.