My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Cannot Change Channel while recording

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

hubb

special member

I set this Humax to record 2 things on at the same time. I try and change channel with the number buttons on the remote and I get the message "cannot change channel while recording" I try it with the up and down program button and it works. I try from selecting the channels in the menu and sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.

More and more intermittent issues are constantly adding to the list with this machine. If you look on Amazon you can see plenty of unhappy reviewers amidst the good reviews stating similar issues. Some are even getting a new replacement machine only for it to happen again down the line.

| Sat 20 Dec 2014 12:13:33 #1 |
  2. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

When recording 2 at the same time the 3rd channel available is limited depending on which set of channels are in the mux's your recording from.
    One solution is if your TV has a Freeview tuner you can then watch a different channel via that instead by using the UHF pass through on the box.

| Sat 20 Dec 2014 12:19:28 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

If you want always to be able to record two and watch a third - without any limitations as to which channels the programmes are on - you obviously need a PVR with at least three tuners - one for each of the three different channels you're watching or recording.

This is not a fault.

| Sat 20 Dec 2014 12:41:07 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Which channels are available to watch when recording 2 others depends on multiplexes being recorded.

Tip - use the list button/function, channels unavailable to watch will be 'greyed out'

| Sat 20 Dec 2014 12:46:53 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

hubb - 1 hour ago  » 
    I set this Humax to record 2 things on at the same time. I try and change channel with the number buttons on the remote and I get the message "cannot change channel while recording" I try it with the up and down program button and it works. I try from selecting the channels in the menu and sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.
    More and more intermittent issues are constantly adding to the list with this machine. If you look on Amazon you can see plenty of unhappy reviewers amidst the good reviews stating similar issues. Some are even getting a new replacement machine only for it to happen again down the line.

Most twin tuner pvrs do not allow a third channel to be viewed while recording two. Try it on a Sky-HD box for instance.

Humax twin tuner pvrs all have this capability.

If you happen to be recording two from the same mux (eg BBC1 HD and BBC2 HD, then every other channel will be viewable).

| Sat 20 Dec 2014 13:31:53 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

hubb

special member

Ok, Thanks.

| Sat 20 Dec 2014 17:48:40 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.