My Humax Forum » WELCOME to the forums!

Cannot connect to broadband

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

piprees

Hi, We have a holiday lodge which has wifi provided and we have a DTR T2000 You View Receiver and unfortunately it's being used quite a way from the router. I have a wifi extension plugged into the mains right beside it which works perfectly and I've tried using the LAN socket in the extender. All the lights are displayed on the extender but the box still "cannot connect to broadband". I thought of getting a pair of Powerline Adaptors but the router has no LAN sockets to connect an adaptor into.
    If anyone has had this problem could you let me know how you overcame it, and apologies if I've missed something fundamental.
    Kind regards,
    Phil

| Mon 30 Dec 2019 19:40:10 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

piprees - 34 mins ago  » 
    Hi, We have a holiday lodge which has wifi provided and we have a DTR T2000 You View Receiver and unfortunately it's being used quite a way from the router. I have a wifi extension plugged into the mains right beside it which works perfectly and I've tried using the LAN socket in the extender. All the lights are displayed on the extender but the box still "cannot connect to broadband". I thought of getting a pair of Powerline Adaptors but the router has no LAN sockets to connect an adaptor into.

Unless you have access to the ISP router's network switch powerline is not going to work.

If you have a large/unlimited data allowance and the mobile signal is good. Use a mobile device capability to create a local WiFi hotspot and log into that.

Kind regards,
    Phil

| Mon 30 Dec 2019 20:22:56 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.