My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

cannot delete a file

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

JayW

Some recordings will not delete, with a message appearing that it cannot delete "due to file Restrictions".

The whole list of recorded files is then not accessible until the unit has been switched off and back on again. When it re-boots the recordings are available (and usable) except when I try to delete this one file/recorded programme and then I have go through re-boot sequence again.

I would welcome any ideas to enable this file to be deleted

| Thu 15 Dec 2016 10:18:13 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Have you tried using File Manager to delete the problem recording ?

Two suggestions.

Export all your recordings to a usb drive (If any are larger than 4GB you will need a EXT3 formatted drive). Format the hard drive and copy the recordings back again. This will take a long time depending on how many recordings you have.

Install the custom firmware, this will give you direct access to internal hard disk from a PC. You can try deleting the files directly and also run a non destructive hard disk test and fix Linux utility.

| Thu 15 Dec 2016 10:42:00 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

JayW

Yes I have tried the File Manager. No difference when I use file manager

When deleting this one file, it appears that it starts to delete and then states it cannot "due to file restrictions"

If needs be I might Export and re-import the files after formatting

You make reference to installing "The Custom Firmware". Which firmware are you referring to and where do I obtain it from (Sorry if I should know what you are referring to)

| Thu 15 Dec 2016 16:46:46 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

JayW - 14 minutes ago  » 
    Yes I have tried the File Manager. No difference when I use file manager
    When deleting this one file, it appears that it starts to delete and then states it cannot "due to file restrictions"
    If needs be I might Export and re-import the files after formatting
    You make reference to installing "The Custom Firmware". Which firmware are you referring to and where do I obtain it from (Sorry if I should know what you are referring to)

Start here

https://www.avforums.com/threads/media-file-server-bundle-for-the-foxsat-hdr-release-4-part-6.2024876/

| Thu 15 Dec 2016 17:01:13 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.