My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Cannot get Freeview to work on new Samsung Tv

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Scete

I am having problems getting my FVP 5000T to record on my new TV. I have set everything up connected Hdm1 to Hdmi1 on TV. On the bottom of the screen with all the other Apps I get an icon of an HDM1 socket with 'unknown' next to it. Sometimes it also has a red start button next to it. If I fiddle around sometimes, I can get the guide up and can then record OK. I realise I am probably doing something stupid.

| Sun 9 Aug 2020 13:27:53 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Welcome to our forum.

A FVP-5000T does not record on any TV. It records TV programmes to an internal hard disk drive. It delivers live TV and recordings over a HDMI connection to a display device (usually a TV). Some TV's can also make recordings as well if you connect a usb hard drive to provide the storage required. Of course the TV will need a aerial connection as well as the PVR.

Assuming you have a hdmi cable connected from the 5000T and an aerial connection to the 5000T aerial input.

Assuming you have the HDMI cable into hdmi 1 in on the TV.

Turn on the TV and select hdmi 1 in using the TV remote. It will usually be a remote button with a little screen with an arrow pointing in.

Now use the 5000T remote and press the power button. You should see a screen from the 5000T.

Press guide using the 5000T remote, you should now see the guide displayed at whatever channel the box was using when you last put it in sby.

tap in 101 and press OK. You should now looking at the guide for BBC 1- HD.

Locate a programme in the next half hour or so. Press OK and follow the prompts to set a one off or series recording.

Exit from the guide and press 101 to watch BBC1 - HD live on your TV.

When your recording starts you can carry on watching live TV or after a short period watch the recording as it happens. Press recordings select the ongoing recording and press OK to watch it from the beginning. (This is handy for ITV as the box cam skip the adds in a couple of key presses provided you don't go beyond the end of where you have recorded to).

| Sun 9 Aug 2020 13:50:33 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.