My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Cannot offload files to USB flash drive

(15 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

wierd, just shows me how much notice I take of file explorer with the empty folder message.

it looks like 500MB has been taken up with something which could easily be the 17min file.

Also try opening a dos window CMD
    change to the flash drive by typing
    j:
    and type 'dir' and also 'attrib' (without the comments), there has to be something there

| Tue 15 Nov 2016 0:24:43 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bulletguy

Martin Liddle - 41 minutes ago  » 

Bulletguy - 24 minutes ago  » 
    when i right click on that to "open"...i then get the second screenshot.

What happens if you just left click on it?

A single left click = nothing. Double left click opens "folder empty" as shown in that second screenshot.

The Humax Freesat model i had was a piece of cake. This model; http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Humax-Foxsat-HDR-320GB-Freesat-Box-/222313741480?hash=item33c2ee7ca8:g:sv4AAOSwal5YKJY4

Simply plug flash drive into USB, select prog to move, press ok and it shows it loading. Unlike the Fox T2 that model moves files off the pvr drive to the flash drive. Stick the flash drive in pc, click open, and there are all the files ready to transfer to a folder on the pc.

| Tue 15 Nov 2016 1:05:11 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bulletguy

damian - 44 minutes ago  » 

Also try opening a dos window CMD
    change to the flash drive by typing
    j:
    and type 'dir' and also 'attrib' (without the comments), there has to be something there

Same blank page...."this folder is empty"

| Tue 15 Nov 2016 1:10:48 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

it's a while since I've used attrib, I was sure attrib would bring back everything.
    once you're back in a DOS window and on j: drive try

dir /a

this is what I get with dir, attrib and dir /a
    from a flash drive mounted as H:

H:\>
    H:\>dir
    Volume in drive H has no label.
    Volume Serial Number is 5069-86DF

Directory of H:\

File Not Found

H:\>attrib
    File not found - H:\*.*

H:\>dir /a
    Volume in drive H has no label.
    Volume Serial Number is 5069-86DF

Directory of H:\

05/09/2015 21:11 <DIR> System Volume Information
    15/11/2016 03:47 <DIR> test
    0 File(s) 0 bytes
    2 Dir(s) 63,887,720,448 bytes free

H:\>

by right clicking on j: in windows file explorer and selecting properties you should be able to compare used/free space against what DOS shows. If you do find a folder in the DOS window like I have one named 'test' cd into it, i.e.
    cd test
    replacing 'test' with the name of the folder you have and then do another dir, attrib, dir /a
    If you still can't find anything, use disk management, somewhere around ... control panel, system & security, create and format hard disk partitions
    and double check that there is just one partition on the flash drive.

thinking aloud here... Sandisk did do something really stupid with something called U3 on their flashdrives a few years ago, almost as infuriating as the HDCP we all have to suffer with. In this case, if there are more partitions/volumes on the flash drive delete them and reformat the flash drive as one single volume.
    Contrary to what I said earlier, if U3 is on the sandisk and causing problems and you haven't been able to get rid of it then use a different make of flash drive.
    Also it'd be far easier to activate ftp in the humax menu and copy the files over the network to your PC assuming it's connected (probably around 10x faster).
    Lastly, at some point when you have time, put custom firmware on the HdrFoxT2, it'll breathe new life into it.

let us know how you get on

| Tue 15 Nov 2016 5:19:48 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

damian - 5 hours ago  » 
    Also it'd be far easier to activate ftp in the humax menu and copy the files over the network to your PC assuming it's connected (probably around 10x faster).

But without the custom firmware the files will still be encrypted.

Lastly, at some point when you have time, put custom firmware on the HdrFoxT2, it'll breathe new life into it.

Agreed.

| Tue 15 Nov 2016 11:10:02 #15 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.