My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Cannot open the recordings on my recorder with the

(6 posts)
  1. mickiow

mickiow

Hi all, I have two Humax HDR-FOX T2 recorders bought 2010 & 2011
    With the recorder I use the most there is a remote ‘RM-F01’ with the label in the battery compartment saying MDB1.3 because I have the two recorders I set the remote code to ‘5’.

The other Humax HDR-FOX T2 recorder I have in another room has a remote ‘RM-F04 with the label in the battery compartment saying MDB1.3. I set the remote code to ‘1’.

My problem is that when I try to use the 1st recorder with the remote ‘RM-F01’ I can bring the recorder out of standby and open the programmes guide ok, but cannot access the media via the remote.

I have fitted new batteries and tried setting the 2nd remote to ‘5’ but it will not even bring the box out of standby!

Should the two remotes be interchangeable?

Is there a way of manually opening the media to watch my recordings?

Thank you for any thoughts.
    Mick.

| Sun 26 Jul 2020 9:00:57 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

You can change the code set used by a box and its remote with a choice of 1 - 6

All that matters is the box and the remote that you want to control it with are set to the same code set and the other the same code set but a different set.

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/multi-code-function-hdhdr-remote-1

| Sun 26 Jul 2020 9:22:14 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

mickiow - 3 hours ago  » 
    Hi all, I have two Humax HDR-FOX T2 recorders bought 2010 & 2011
    With the recorder I use the most there is a remote ‘RM-F01’ with the label in the battery compartment saying MDB1.3 because I have the two recorders I set the remote code to ‘5’.

Isn't the RM-F01 a FOXSAT HDR remote? I don't know how compatible the HDR-FOX T2 and the FOXSAT HDR remotes are. My HDR-FOX T2 purchased in 2010 came with an RM-F04.

| Sun 26 Jul 2020 12:58:25 #3 |
  4. mickiow

mickiow

Thank you to Graham and Martin, Yes when going through a search to see if the two remotes were compatible, I thought that somehow I seem to have one for a FOXSAT HDR
    It has been used for at least 4 or 5 years!

I will get the correct remote and see what that does.
    Mick.

| Sun 26 Jul 2020 14:54:18 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Install the custom firmware on both HDR-FOX-T2's from Hummy.TV

This installs a web interface you can use on any device with a web browser.

Amongst the available add on packages is a remote control add on package that works on your home network. You can control either box using a smartphone, tablet PC basically anything with a web browser. And because it's Wifi, you can be anywhere in range of your router.

If you still have a Foxsat-HDR the same applies to this (AV forums has the support threads)

| Sun 26 Jul 2020 18:27:44 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

This is the WebIf remote control interface for the Foxsat-HDR. It has the capability to record a macro with command sequence.

Note the shortcut to the cached epg (schedule/red)

Attachments

1. Foxsat_Remote.jpg (308.5 KB, 3 downloads) 3 years old
    | Sun 26 Jul 2020 18:40:11 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.