My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Other Humax Products

Cannot stream from Win 10 laptop

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

linuts

I have a HDR-3000T and a Windows 10 pro laptop, I cannot stream content from the laptop to my humax. Win 10 sees the Humax as "HDR3000T Media Renderer" but when i try to cast to the Humax it has an error stating "unexpected device error".

When i go into Media on the Humax it sees the Win 10 Laptop and some (not all) of the media on the laptop if i press play on a seen media file it says "connecting" then i get a blank screen.

I am using WiFi as the humax is in a different room. I have downloaded and installed "Plex" to see if that would work, the Humax sees the Plex server but will not stream or play media.

Thanks
    John

| Fri 2 Feb 2018 5:27:30 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

You need to share the content to let the Humax see it and play it back.

https://www.howtogeek.com/225075/what-is-the-windows-10-share-feature-and-how-do-i-use-it/

| Fri 2 Feb 2018 10:45:55 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

linuts

Thanks for the help...I'm getting there slowly... :lol:I can now get the Humax to stream my movies from my Video folder on my laptop...I have 33 movies in the folder but the Humax only shows about 16 of them.

Also is it possible to get VLC media player on the Humax as with this i could watch my FetchTV recordings...?

| Sun 4 Feb 2018 7:38:26 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

linuts - 4 hours ago  » 
    Thanks for the help...I'm getting there slowly... :lol:I can now get the Humax to stream my movies from my Video folder on my laptop...I have 33 movies in the folder but the Humax only shows about 16 of them.
    Also is it possible to get VLC media player on the Humax as with this i could watch my FetchTV recordings...?

Not possible. Can you download MediaInfo and open a file that works and one that doesn't. Select View - Tree and export the file details. Post the text for both files so we can see exactly what video and audio codecs are being used.

https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download

Given this info it may be possible to use VLC on the PC to make them compatible.

In some cases just changing the file extension to fool the Humax box it's a different container works.

| Sun 4 Feb 2018 11:47:51 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

linuts

Thank You I'll give it a go

| Sun 4 Feb 2018 22:38:28 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.