My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Can't access my recordings!

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gozoman

Can you help me please? I have been using my Humax Foxsat PVR for years now and for the past 3 years it’s been used with my Sony Bravia 55” OLED. I went into hospital recently and was in for a few weeks. During this time my cousin went into the house thinking he was doing the right thing and turned everything off at the sockets. Now when I turn on my Humax it comes on as usual and switches off as usual. I can use it as usual to switch between channels etc. However when for example I press the media button to check on what recordings I have and it shows a 45% total with all the recordings listed down the left. If I choose one of these which shows (7) so I know there are seven recordings and click the OK button to open this up nothing happens. I can move down through the listings on the right but can’t open any of them with the OK button. I have checked that the PVR button is pressed first but it doesn’t make any difference. The PVR light does not come on when I press the OK button and I thought it was supposed to. I have tried to do a factory reset but when I set this to yes and push the OK button nothing happens! I have a spare remote which I have also tried but again nothing happens. Help!!!

| Sat 11 Nov 2023 12:56:19 #1 |
  2. Fixdit

Fixdit

Are you able to record ?
    Can you rewind a programme you are watching ?
    Has the box got an internet conection?
    If so leave on over night it may pick up the house keeping up dates.
    If all this fails then the hard drive is suspect.

| Sat 11 Nov 2023 16:28:26 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gozoman

If I click record on a program I'm watching it does record. If I then try to stop the recording it doesn't stop! If I select it and press the OK button it moves to the next recording!
    I can only rewind a program I'm watching if it is recording at the time.
    Not sure about the internet connection bit. The TV is connected to the internet and I control the TV through the Humax box.
    With regard to the hard drive I replaced this with a new one last year and it was working fine.
    As I stated earlier I have also tried another remote which doesn't work either.
    I also have a spare Humax PVR which I haven't tried yet because obviously I would have lost all my recorded programs.
    I can only assume something has happened when it was switched off for several weeks.

| Sat 11 Nov 2023 18:56:14 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.