My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Can't connect to iPlayer (ethernet)

(18 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

jthor14

New here, hope someone can help. I've had a Foxsat HDR for nearly 3 years now and never been able to connect to iplayer or itv player. Periodically I have tried but it always says that it is not supported on device. I did ring Freesat once, but they weren't any help. It is not something that has massively bothered me (hence only posting here after all this time) but i can't understand what is wrong.
    I am connecting to my router, internet is virgin cable (over 1mbps) but two things i have noticed - 1 the DHCP settings never seem to change, after I click apply, exit the page, then come back they seem to be blank. Also today I have noticed that when connecting in the ethernet port, one of the LEDs is flashing orange.
    If anyone can offer any advice it would be most appreciated.
    Thanks

| Fri 5 Oct 2012 23:21:03 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

dino

special member

If the router isn't set up to provide DHCP, it won't work and you will have to manually enter the IP details you require. Can you confirm whether or not the router provides DHCP ?

If the router does provide DHCP it should all work automatically, so there's something wrong. Possibly there isn't a good connection between the router and the HDR.

Which device is the flashing orange LED on, the router, HDR or some intermediate device ?

| Sat 6 Oct 2012 7:46:18 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

dino

special member

Also, what version of software are you using ?

| Sat 6 Oct 2012 7:56:17 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

jthor14

Thanks for the quick reply. DHCP is enabled yes. The flashing orange light is on the ethernet port on the hdr, solid green on left, flashing orange on right. Does this signify poor connection of some sort? I have tried a variety of ethernet cables, all of which I know are fine. Software version is HPRSFCI 1.00.02. No new software updates can be found on searching.
    When I click on network, it finds thee DHCP settings, and I can select apply, but then when i go back a step those settings are blank again.

| Sat 6 Oct 2012 10:57:54 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Your software version is ancient, Do you leave your foxsat in sby overnight ?

What loader version have you got ?

Have you got two cables or only one ?

You won't find a update because it's currently not being broadcast, you should update using a usb memory stick.

http://www.humaxdigital.com/uk/support/downloadcenter_model.aspx?category_seq=65

| Sat 6 Oct 2012 11:19:30 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

dino

special member

1.00.02 ? The current version is 1.00.21, have you mistyped 02 for 20 ? I think that 1.00.02 software dates back to when the ethernet port was 'for future use'. If you are really on 1.00.02, then you will need to apply the upgrade before trying IPlayer which came in with version 1.00.13 (I think).

I can't easily see round the back of my set so I can't see what the LEDs are labelled. Nothing to worry about yet if you are on old software.

| Sat 6 Oct 2012 13:52:10 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

jthor14

Thanks for all the advice, 1.00.02 was not a typo, all it needed was an update. Feeling a bit foolish that I never checked that before, but I assumed it would be updated automatically, and it's odd that it's never mentioned in any advice on the freesat webpages. Anyway pleased I've finally figured out how it works! Thanks again for all the advice

| Sat 6 Oct 2012 15:46:18 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

dino

special member

No worries, happy to help.

The automatic software update (over the air) requires the machine to be left in standby mode overnight.

At 03:00 it will wake from standby and do various bits of house keeping including checking for software updates, channel changes etc.

If it is powered up or powered off, it can't do this.

This is fairly obscure in the manual, but see P6 and P71.

| Sat 6 Oct 2012 16:49:53 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mike123

Excuse my ignorance as another new user but I enquired of my local tv dealer today who told me it would not be possible to view channels 901 and 903 BBC Iplayer and ITV player on my similar 3 to 4 yrs old Humax Foxsat-hdr (is he trying to sell me a new box?)

I did connect my ethernet cable today and did at least get through as far as selecting the red button which had the same flashing lights on the rear but then nothing happened and timed out. At least that was further than being shown the message "you are not connected"

I am sure my software is out of date and would ask that you might confirm the 2 software downloads might be my problem as well
    Many Thanks in anticipation of your reply

| Mon 12 Nov 2012 16:41:32 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Shouldn't be any problem, mine is from November 2008. What software version does Menu System Diagnostics say you have ?
    Also call up Menu System Network does your system report an ID address ?

| Mon 12 Nov 2012 17:06:53 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.