My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Cant get web IF

(14 posts)
  1. athomson

athomson

special member

On Tuesday I got my T2 setup with the modified FW 2.13 and as I have not got broadband yet I installed a few add ons from USB. The log file says they installed OK. I was able to access the web interface that day but all evening on Wednesday I could not get the T2 even though its on a fixed local IP and nothing has changed. If I confirm its IP in settings it even says connected. I just get 'page cannot be loaded' from my android phone and my laptop. Any ideas on what could be wrong and how to fix it?

Andy

| Thu 22 Nov 2012 8:53:30 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

dandnsmith

I'd start with a basic ping to the T2 IP address from a command window. After that you could try a telnet connection to the IP address (also from a command window).
    Are you using a wired connection, or wireless (at the T2 end)?

| Thu 22 Nov 2012 12:11:34 #2 |
  3. athomson

athomson

special member

I cant try anything until I get home at 6ish, I will try as soon as I do though. I thought maybe a reset on the firmware to remove all adons and then add them again from different USB flash drive. Assuming your suggestions work and I still have no access, which I hava feeling your ping will work as I could see the client from the router yesterday. The T2 is on a wired connection with a fixed IP. The strange thing is it was like this on Tuesday when I could see the Web interface and nothing has changed and now I cant log on to it. Under LAN setup it says it is connected with the correct IP address I set before.

Andy

| Thu 22 Nov 2012 12:53:40 #3 |
  4. athomson

athomson

special member

There is something I did that now seems may have a bearing. On Tuesday one of the last things I did was turn off Mongoose run at boot in the Web IF. Is this possible could it be the cause of my issues?

Andy

| Thu 22 Nov 2012 16:20:45 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Try

Open a command window and type

telnet xxx.xxx.xxx.xx (your IP address)

now type service start mongoose.

What happens ?

| Thu 22 Nov 2012 16:27:36 #5 |
  6. athomson

athomson

special member

As soon as I get home I will try that and report. If that fails I will try the ping as suggested in post 2. Give me a couple of hours.

Andy

| Thu 22 Nov 2012 16:34:44 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

raydon

special member

athomson - 1 hour ago  » 
    There is something I did that now seems may have a bearing. On Tuesday one of the last things I did was turn off Mongoose run at boot in the Web IF. Is this possible could it be the cause of my issues?
    Andy

Yes, that is your problem. Mongoose is the server that provides the web interface so you have disabled it. To turn it back on open a telnet session to your box and enter service auto mongoose then service start mongoose

| Thu 22 Nov 2012 17:51:42 #7 |
  8. athomson

athomson

special member

It worked. Thank you Graham.

| Thu 22 Nov 2012 19:27:44 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

athomson - 1 minute ago  » 

See Raydons post. Make sure you turn on load mongoose at start up. Strange there is an option to turn it off. The Foxsat-hdr version has a package to restart it automatically (it can occasionly crash).

| Thu 22 Nov 2012 19:32:17 #9 |
  10. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 

athomson - 1 minute ago  » 

See Raydons post. Make sure you turn on load mongoose at start up. Strange there is an option to turn it off. The Foxsat-hdr version has a package to restart it automatically (it can occasionly crash).

I am told that it does not crash on the T2.

| Thu 22 Nov 2012 20:45:17 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.