My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Cant get web IF

(14 posts)
  1. brian

brian

special member

athomson - 22 hours ago  » 
    On Tuesday I got my T2 setup with the modified FW 2.13

Are you aware that 2.14 has been available since Sunday?

| Fri 23 Nov 2012 7:28:04 #11 |
  2. athomson

athomson

special member

I did goto the web IF and turn on mongoose at start. Thanks Brian I have seen that 2.14 is availible but looking at the changes there seems no great rush to move from 2.13. Thanks for all your help, my last post was a bit short as I was sending from a PAYG mobile.

Andy

| Fri 23 Nov 2012 8:47:45 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

xyz321

Version 2.14 does have some telnet improvements which include a menu system. One of the menu options is "web - Reinstate web interface service" which performs the "service start mongoose" & "service auto mongoose" commands. Note that this option only appears in the menu if the mongoose web server has been disabled.

| Fri 23 Nov 2012 11:37:18 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

raydon

special member

grahamlthompson - 17 hours ago  » 

athomson - 1 minute ago  » 
    It worked. Thank you Graham.

Strange there is an option to turn it off. The Foxsat-hdr version has a package to restart it automatically (it can occasionly crash).

Not strange at all. Some users may not want web interface access for security reasons so the option to turn off mongoose autostart is available via the web interface or telnet. However, you cannot stop mongoose from the web interface as that would kill the interface you were still actively using. As to the 'servermon' restart package, that will only restart mongoose providing that mongoose autostart is enabled, otherwise you'd never be able to turn it off without servermon starting it back up again.

| Fri 23 Nov 2012 12:51:51 #14 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.