My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Can't Stream to PC

(10 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

jimp21

I have upgraded to the latest version of CFW (v4.1.1.) but still cannot stream content to PC. When I click on the "Play" button it opens new screen with a small square with what looks like 4 colours (in the top left hand corner) Is something missing on my PC? (Windows 7 Professional 64Bit)
    Jim

| Mon 22 Apr 2013 19:40:08 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Try XBMC

http://xbmc.org/download/

You can also try installing the XBMC package on your Foxsat

| Mon 22 Apr 2013 19:48:27 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

raydon

special member

jimp21 - 20 minutes ago  » 
    I have upgraded to the latest version of CFW (v4.1.1.) but still cannot stream content to PC. When I click on the "Play" button it opens new screen with a small square with what looks like 4 colours (in the top left hand corner) Is something missing on my PC? (Windows 7 Professional 64Bit)
    Jim

If you are using the VLC Player plug-in from the web interface then you also need VLC, including the ActiveX component, installed on your PC. See the VLC Plug-in documentation in the Web Interface about the use and pre-requisites for this plug-in.

Alternatively you can install XBMC client on your PC (sorry Graham, but there is no XBMC package for the Foxsat)
    For XBMC client to work on your PC you must have first installed and configured either TwonkyMedia or MediaTomb server on the Foxsat.

| Mon 22 Apr 2013 20:12:12 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

raydon - 14 minutes ago  » 

jimp21 - 20 minutes ago  » 
    Jim

If you are using the VLC Player plug-in from the web interface then you also need VLC, including the ActiveX component, installed on your PC. See the VLC Plug-in documentation in the Web Interface about the use and pre-requisites for this plug-in.
    Alternatively you can install XBMC client on your PC (sorry Graham, but there is no XBMC package for the Foxsat)
    For XBMC client to work on your PC you must have first installed and configured either TwonkyMedia or MediaTomb server on the Foxsat.

I was somewhat confused, it was MediaTomb I was thinking of. It works fine with XBMC on my Laptop and UPNP on an Android tablet.

| Mon 22 Apr 2013 20:29:10 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

jimp21

Hi guys,
    I did have VLC Player installed before adding plug-in, also had MediaTomb installed, and also TwonkyMedia installed.
    Then I have installed XBMC on my PC but now I'm totally confused with it. Don't know where to go!

| Tue 23 Apr 2013 15:32:00 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

raydon

special member

Start XBMC then select :
    VIDEOS
    Add source
    Browse
    Scroll down right hand pane and select UPnP Devices
    Select TwonkyMedia or MediaTomb
    Select Video Folder
    OK
    OK
    OK

| Tue 23 Apr 2013 17:01:42 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

jimp21 - 1 hour ago  » 
    Hi guys,
    I did have VLC Player installed before adding plug-in, also had MediaTomb installed, and also TwonkyMedia installed.
    Then I have installed XBMC on my PC but now I'm totally confused with it. Don't know where to go!

First thing to do is share some non encrypted recordings on the Foxsat.

Open the Webif to the home page, and click on the mediatomb icon.

Best do this in Chrome if you have it, IE is a bit dodgy with Mediatomb

In LH pane click on Filesystem

Click on Media this will show you the recordings not in Series Folders (the .ts files are the ones you want). Expand the Video Folder to see the Series Folders. Click on the + icon in the list to add the recordings to the Database. Repeat for any in series recordings you want.

Click on database then video, you should see the .ts files you have selected.

Setup Twonky in a similar way, ignore the serial number prompt. I will post a screen grab of this.

Reboot the Foxsat

Now from memory

Open XBMC on your PC, under Video click on Files, then add.

UPnP Media Servers (Auto Discover)

[Foxsat-HDR] Twonky Media (or MediaTomb)

Root Video

All Videos

List of recordings should appear.

Click on one.

| Tue 23 Apr 2013 17:13:16 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Setting up Twonky on Foxsat

Attachments

1. TwonkySetup.jpg (89.1 KB, 3 downloads) 11 years old
    | Tue 23 Apr 2013 17:21:13 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

jimp21

Hi Guys,
    thank you both very much for your help in getting this problem solved. Working a treat now. can now watch my own recorded stuff on PC while my wife does her own thing in the living room!!
    regards
    Jim

| Tue 23 Apr 2013 17:22:35 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

jimp21 - 22 minutes ago  » 
    Hi Guys,
    thank you both very much for your help in getting this problem solved. Working a treat now. can now watch my own recorded stuff on PC while my wife does her own thing in the living room!!
    regards
    Jim

Good news

| Tue 23 Apr 2013 17:45:32 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.