My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Catch EPG - No Progamme Information

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

vexillia

Having repeated almost daily instances of this problem.

Sometimes it re-populates after checking the wifi connection. In all cases it was possible to use apps like iPlayer whilst the EPG was empty. Catch up data eventually appears after 5-15 minutes.

Is there anything I can do to force the catch up EPG to repopulate?

| Mon 10 Jul 2017 21:18:31 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

KayCS

My EPG can be slow to populate if the box is not tuned to one of the main Freeview HD channels and can miss updating the recording schedules too so I always make sure the box is tuned to BBC 1 HD or ITV HD before turning it off for any long length of time.

It does update in Standby if tune to other SD channels but seems more reliable if turned off as above.

I don’t know if this may help you or if anyone else gets this but worth a mention.

| Tue 11 Jul 2017 10:58:36 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

BlackGhost

special member

I'm not sure if the EPG updating works this way, when the box is in standby. Being tuned to BBC1 is generally better for getting the guide to populate - I'm usually tuned to BBC News HD and get lots of gaps in the guide. It doesn't seem to get the information and keep hold of it though - I had trouble getting a programme to show up in the EPG, eventually got it to populate and set it to record - I then went back into the guide and it had lost the programme info again (it was still set to record though). I could be wrong but I don't know how it goes and gets the EPG info and whether it does any of this in standby or not.

| Tue 11 Jul 2017 19:22:28 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

BlackGhost - 1 minute ago  » 
    It doesn't seem to get the information and keep hold of it though - I had trouble getting a programme to show up in the EPG, eventually got it to populate and set it to record - I then went back into the guide and it had lost the programme info again

Getting and losing the guide like that is usually a sign that the box is receiving from more than one transmitter.

| Tue 11 Jul 2017 19:25:24 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

BlackGhost

special member

Martin Liddle - 3 minutes ago  » 

BlackGhost - 1 minute ago  » 
    It doesn't seem to get the information and keep hold of it though - I had trouble getting a programme to show up in the EPG, eventually got it to populate and set it to record - I then went back into the guide and it had lost the programme info again

Getting and losing the guide like that is usually a sign that the box is receiving from more than one transmitter.

I tried the whole manual tune to a single transmitter thing and it made no difference to the EPG issue.

| Tue 11 Jul 2017 19:29:32 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

vexillia

Are the last couple of points about the catch up EPG data? I don't have a problem with current or future EPG data.

| Tue 11 Jul 2017 22:26:10 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

BlackGhost

special member

I see instances of the No Programme Information entries the guide for past days as well as upcoming programmes.

| Wed 12 Jul 2017 9:19:22 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

vexillia

Related issue - https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/on-demand-not-available-early-morning#post-59354

On re-reading this is a different issue.

| Wed 19 Jul 2017 10:32:27 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.