My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

CEC and Moving Recording problems

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Elmojo

Hi all,

I am new to this forum so forgive me if either of these have been dealt with. I have checked.
    This is my fourth generation of Humax PVR and I wasn't sure about this one at first but I have now learnt to love it.
    The first problem I have is that CEC RC pass through is almost working for me. I have a Panasonic TX-40CX400B. When I go into the TV Guide and press the right arrow key the guide correctly goes into the longer listing mode. However, when I press the right arrow key after that it acts like the down arrow key. Everything else works perfectly except this one right arrow key in this mode. Using my amazing powers of deduction:) I think this is a problem in the 4000T as it only happens when in that Guide mode. Does anyone else have this issue.
    The second issue I have is that I recorded a program series and the last one so far had a signal outage in the middle. Bad news indeed. However I noticed it was repeated later that night all good. Now I can't find a way to copy it into the series folder. When I try I get the message that There is no storage device to copy to. I guess it is lookin for an external media. But I want to move it into a folder on the same storage.
    I would have tried to join the trial but I am just about to move house and Internet will be out for a short time.
    Other than these two issues I am very happy with my new Humax so any help would be appreciated.

| Thu 7 Apr 2016 16:23:47 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Elmojo

Further to my post above two more issues in the UKTFAE 1.00.73 version of firmware have come to light. Whilst trying to find if the right arrow key was mapped to something else I inadvertently activated a service or development debug panel.

0: user aging.
    1: reload Web page
    2: Internal FX - debugging info board show
    10: Web log toggle.

I won't give the key combination of what triggers this panel on here as I am a Firmware Engineer myself, and some of these, might reset something that could cause serious problems for end users.
    The second issue I saw last night was that while I watched a recording from the night before the Red button appeared in the top right of the screen. Saying Hole 14 and 15. When I came out to live TV I had BBC 1 HD selected. However, BBC 2 HD was broadcasting golf as these two channels share a multiplex I guess this is why the Red button issue happened.
    If anyone who reads this testing the trial version could you pass this and my CEC right arrow issues on to the Humax firmware developers.

| Mon 11 Apr 2016 10:20:54 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Elmojo

Well it would apear that the solutions to my problem has been solved by removing or disabling all the CEC pass through code. I guess I have wasted my time.

| Sat 28 May 2016 1:55:03 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.