My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Change MODE without remote?

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

fer05957

Hi. All, I have an old Humax Foxsat-HDR Freesat+ box which appears to be in Good Working Order, however....
    I cant get it to connect with a Remote Control Unit.
    I have tried THREE, all of which work well with a 2nd Humax Foxsat-HDR Freesat+ box I also have.
    I think it is one of two reasons:
    1) The PIR detector eye in the box is naff.
    2) The old box was previously changed to a different MODE (PIR code) to the default standard.
    So,how do I get the MODE menu up on the TV or front of box display, so I can change it back to MODE1 (the default) ?
    Thank you for any suggestions.

| Tue 2 Jan 2024 9:57:59 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

Hi fer05957,

Welcome to the Humax forum.

I expect the Foxsat is set on a different mode to your remote. You simply need to pair them onto the same mode number. The menu for different modes is via the Foxsat pvr. I don't think you can alter this via pvr alone. Not sure if factory reset defaults to mode 1.

To be able to change your remote code, you should be able to access this by pressing "0" and "ok" together. It DOES take a few attempts. I often get a message saying it has failed when I adjust mine. Just keep trying until you get to a menu that allows you to select which mode you want from 1 to 6.

I have several Humax pvrs, so this is a brilliant feature. If you use a Youview box, this can't be altered, default is mode 1, so I try & select options 2 onwards for other Humax pvrs.

If this still fails for you, then maybe you have a faulty remote, but have another attempt. Good luck!
    John L

| Tue 2 Jan 2024 18:45:57 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

fer05957 - 11 hours ago  » 
    Hi. All, I have an old Humax Foxsat-HDR Freesat+ box which appears to be in Good Working Order, however....
    I cant get it to connect with a Remote Control Unit.
    I have tried THREE, all of which work well with a 2nd Humax Foxsat-HDR Freesat+ box I also have.
    I think it is one of two reasons:
    1) The PIR detector eye in the box is naff.
    2) The old box was previously changed to a different MODE (PIR code) to the default standard.
    So,how do I get the MODE menu up on the TV or front of box display, so I can change it back to MODE1 (the default) ?
    Thank you for any suggestions.

Re your headline question of how to reset the mode without using a remote I'm not sure whether or not it gets reset if you action a factory reset. I seem to remember there was one model where the mode stayed the same.

For how to access the remote mode menu see this FAQ.
    https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/multi-code-function-hdhdr-remote-2

In the UK this will only work if the remote is a genuine Humax remote for a Freesat or freeview HD model.
    It will not work with youview remotes or the very old non-HD remotes.
    Are you sure that all 3 of your remotes are genuine Humax remotes and not clones, or intended for youview PVRs?

If you are not sure you could try to see if you can display the mode menu on the working foxsat. Once you get the menu displayed on the working freesat it will time out after a minute or 2 if you leave it and don't touch anybuttons. You don't have to go ahead and actual change it.

If all 3 of your remotes are not genuine Huamx freesat originals then do you know anyone who could lend you one? For the purposes of resetting back to mode 1, and genuine remotes for the Humax freesat and freeview HD models should work.

| Tue 2 Jan 2024 21:20:42 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

fer05957

Thank you for that. I will give it a try.
    Only one of the remotes has the logo "HUMAX" on it, so the other two are likely replacements.
    A sticker on the Humax remote said no working, so it may be naff, but it may only have that stick as it did not work on the target PVR.
    We will see.
    Have ordered (via eBay) another unit, (£50) so if that works OK, I may loose interest in solving this challenge, if there are ongoing issues.
    IF it is an easy fix, I will let you know.
    Thank You.

| Wed 3 Jan 2024 10:23:01 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

fer05957

Hi. again Luke.
    YES, your 'mode' suggestions worked, I was able to get the old DVR mode menu on the screen and change (the remote) to mode 2, which then matched the old DVR.
    With a working remote I was able to set the postcode and with the postcode set, I was able to reload the available channels.
    Thank You.

| Wed 3 Jan 2024 17:35:06 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.