My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Broadcast, Internet, Media

Change Router Password to previous

(12 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

inspector

special member

I am getting a Virgin HUB4 router delivered next week, as I can not stream our FVP5000 to the front or rear of our bungalow successfully, all the time with the Hub3.

My question is : can I set the password for the new HUB4 router to that of its predecessor? I ask because one of the items that would need the password changing is our Solar Panels Inverter. This would involve taking the cover off, & diving inside!
    I do not fancy that.

| Fri 23 Apr 2021 15:13:46 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

If you use the same password, I would not expect the new device to think it is paired to your inverer or the other way around. Most inverters have an app you can set these things via.

| Fri 23 Apr 2021 16:55:25 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

inspector

special member

Last time I got a different router, the cover had to come off the inverter to change the password. -scary!

| Fri 23 Apr 2021 16:59:02 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

inspector - 1 hour ago  » 
    Last time I got a different router, the cover had to come off the inverter to change the password. -scary!

You should have bought a decent WiFI router like a Asus Triband . Connected it to the crap Virgin router with a cat 6 cable and switched it into Modem Mode. The Vigin router merely gives you the internet connection.

| Fri 23 Apr 2021 18:02:54 #4 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I installed the WiFi module in my inverter - just power all down and wait, wear gloves. All over in a flash (joke).

| Fri 23 Apr 2021 18:02:56 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

REPASSAC - 35 secs ago  » 
    I installed the WiFi module in my inverter - just power all down and wait, wear gloves. All over in a flash (joke).

Did you get the bang wallop ?

| Fri 23 Apr 2021 18:04:05 #6 |
  7. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

No, it was a quick job with mains output and DC inputs disconnected plus time allowed for caps to drain. The module just plugged in and screwing in the antenna was easy. It is an ABB inverter. repowered up, used the app to find the dedicated network to connect to it and change the settings to my WiFi. Easy.
    Just peaked at it Today: 24.86 kWh so far all to grid at 0.25 euro a kWh.

| Fri 23 Apr 2021 18:26:30 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

inspector - 3 hours ago  » 
    I am getting a Virgin HUB4 router ...
    My question is : can I set the password for the new HUB4 router to that of its predecessor? I ask because one of the items that would need the password changing is our Solar Panels Inverter. This would involve taking the cover off, & diving inside!

How to change the password
    https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-configure-advanced-settings-on-your-hub#hub3orhub4

Not that this will do you any good unless you also change the SSID.

| Fri 23 Apr 2021 18:51:32 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

inspector

special member

I am just changing a Virgin hub3 to a hub4. Surely the change of password should do the trick?

| Sat 24 Apr 2021 8:11:59 #9 |
  10. Mars

Mars

special member

inspector - 10 mins ago  » 
    I am just changing a Virgin hub3 to a hub4. Surely the change of password should do the trick?

You have to change the SSID (name of the network) and the password otherwise your devices will think this is a different network. It amazes me that people choose to change the SSID and password on numerous devices rather than just changing the SSID and password on the new router.

| Sat 24 Apr 2021 8:26:18 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.