My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Changing and adding transponders to a satellite

(47 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

malcolm_c

I have an issue with when trying to tune TurkSat on the FoxSat HDR.

1. The transponder information for TurkSat is incorrect and so it does not find any channels
    2. The feature to edit transponder information does not function as expected, and any new information is not saved
    3. The feature to create a "user satellite" does not function as expected, and only the information for the last transponder is saved, and all previous information is lost

I have enquired with Humax about this issue and have been informed this is a known bug but that no correction to the firmware is to be made as it is sold as a "FreeSat" receiver and not intended for other satellites. I was advised to explore the Custom firmware in case it offered a workaround and to place a question in the forum.

I am making a request if anyone has the information to allow a workaround using the Unix tools of the custom firmware to edit the satellite information file. Ideally it would be nice if a web page were available to view this information, and even better if it could be used to edit the information.

| Sun 29 Mar 2015 10:29:29 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Not aware of any problems as you describe using a Foxsat-hdr.

How are you accessing 42E (motorised dish or diseqc) ?

Have you followed the guidance here ?

http://www.purplesat.com/index.php?p=1_48_FOXSAT-HIDDEN-MENU

Welcome to our forum.

| Sun 29 Mar 2015 10:41:05 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

malcolm_c

1. If you go to the hidden antenna menu and list the transponders for TurkSat you will see that they are incorrect (frequency, polarisation and symbol rate) thus no matter what you do (single dish, diseqc, etc) it will not find any channels.

2. The feature to edit transponder information does not save the new settings and they are lost.

3. The user defined satellites also do not save any of the information when entered.

It seems no-one actually tested this part of the software and it dooes not work as described in the instructions. So I looking for a workround.

FYI I am using diseqc to a dish with 2 LNB through a 9-12 multiplexor. It works fine with a "freebie" satellite receiver I picked up in Turkey which tunes all TurkSat and FreeSat channels.

| Sun 29 Mar 2015 11:11:47 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

I rather think that if it didn't work as it should we would know that by now (The box dates from 2008). It may be an issue with your specific box. Might be worth asking on DS. Pedro2000 (the site owner of the link I posted), has set up loads of Foxsat-hdrs for multi-satellite installs.

From the site I linked to

If you explore all the options available you will find add or edit transponders including SD HD DVBS2 etc.. Symbol rates all FEC settings to add new transponders and channels

| Sun 29 Mar 2015 11:24:52 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

malcolm_c

Note that when using the "ADD Transponder" function, when a correct set of parameters are entered, the strength and quality bars show that a signal is correctly being received (thus any diseqc settings are working). The issue is that the settings are not saved.

| Sun 29 Mar 2015 11:38:01 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

malcolm_c

I have asked Humax technical support and they agree this is a bug in their firmware. I do not know if others have tried on TurkSat. It is easy to check the stored frequencies to see they are incorrect. Nor is it clear if others have used the "User Defined" option to add new satellites.

| Sun 29 Mar 2015 11:55:53 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

malcolm_c - 1 hour ago  » 
    I have asked Humax technical support and they agree this is a bug in their firmware. I do not know if others have tried on TurkSat. It is easy to check the stored frequencies to see they are incorrect. Nor is it clear if others have used the "User Defined" option to add new satellites.

It's the first time I ever heard of an issue. I can definitely say that you can add transponders to 28.2E, done it many times. Perhaps you could ask Pedro. You can also add these to freesat mode using the CF channel editor and then schedule manual recording reservations.

The only bug I do know of is that using a motorised dish comprimises twin tuner freesat recordings (diseqc works OK).

| Sun 29 Mar 2015 13:22:58 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

malcolm_c

I describe my approach

Menu
    Hidden menu
    Manual tune
    Satellite -> TURKSAT 1C2A
    Transponder -> 10953 H 3600 A (this is not a freq on TurkSat)
    Transponder -> 10962 V 3670 A (this should be H and 16666)

It is not clear how to delete transponders or edit ones in the list.

Satellite setting (TURKSAT)
    Transponder -> Freq 10962, Pol H, Symbol 16666 (this shows signal received)
    DONE
    SAVE

Return to satellite and setting has vanished

I am using SW 1.00.21, LOADER U7.54 and have Custom firmware 4.3

| Sun 29 Mar 2015 15:22:21 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

malcolm_c - 10 minutes ago  » 
    I describe my approach
    Menu
    Hidden menu
    Manual tune
    Satellite -> TURKSAT 1C2A
    Transponder -> 10953 H 3600 A (this is not a freq on TurkSat)
    Transponder -> 10962 V 3670 A (this should be H and 16666)
    It is not clear how to delete transponders or edit ones in the list.
    Satellite setting (TURKSAT)
    Transponder -> Freq 10962, Pol H, Symbol 16666 (this shows signal received)
    DONE
    SAVE
    Return to satellite and setting has vanished
    I am using SW 1.00.21, LOADER U7.54 and have Custom firmware 4.3

You don't have to delete or edit incorrect transponders, just add a new one with the correct parameters, scan the transponder and save the results. If you do a full-scan any transponders returning no results will be ignored.

I don't currently have access to dish on a different satellite, the small one I used for 19.2E (F1 coverage) I gave to my brother in law together with the diseqc switch so I can't try and reproduce your issues.

Does your new transponder not appear in the non-freesat manual tuning list once added ?

| Sun 29 Mar 2015 15:36:16 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

malcolm_c

I have tried this again. The behaviour appears that only it only retains 1 further user defined transponder and the information on the others is lost. This can be seen when returning to the transponder list and only 1 new is included. This appears a limitation of the implementation.
    Hence my question if anyone is aware where this information is held and if it can be changed manually.

| Tue 31 Mar 2015 7:31:53 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.