My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

Changing HDMI resolution output by T1000

(10 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

AndyL

I've bought one of these boxes today. I am getting no video via the HDMI. I suspect that this is due to an auto connect issue with my 8 year old Hitachi plasma. I've worked around this with other devices by manually changing the HDMI resolution output to the TV. I can find no way to do this on the T1000.

If I've missed it and someone has found how to do this please let me know. Otherwise it's going back and being swapped for the HDR Fox T2, which a user in another forum has confirmed does have this option

| Mon 30 Jul 2012 22:10:49 #1 |
  2. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Thia ia known issue with this box that it expects the TV to be able to accept the 1080p resolution. I am not sure if there are any plans to address it.

| Mon 30 Jul 2012 23:29:17 #2 |
  3. myhumax

myhumax

senior admin

I am surprised that this option (V-Format on other Humax boxes) isn't there for resolution switching...

YouView is a good idea for the people less technically capable of viewing catch-up programmes by other means (e.g. via a PC), so you would expect quite a number of them having legacy/old displays that won't be able to do 1080p.

If you are forcing viewers to upgrade their TV set, then they are just going to buy a smart TV and return the YouView box!

| Tue 31 Jul 2012 8:46:48 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

SteveA

Has anyone found a way to change the output res yet? Maybe there's an "engineers menu" somewhere.

My Slingbox doesn't like 1080p so I want to bust it down to 1080i, but I can't find a way to do it.

The annoying thing is that when the STB boots up from a power cycle, the Slingbox is able to display the boot-up sequence, but when its finished booting, the output goes out of range.

| Mon 6 Aug 2012 20:19:05 #4 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

No option to change resolution, even in maintenance menu.

First half of boot cycle is reported as 720p by my TV then changes to 1080p.

| Mon 6 Aug 2012 21:21:59 #5 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Just want to expand on this:

As far as I am aware the unit should negotiate the output dependant on the resolution of the TV it is connected to. I cannot test this as mine are all 1080p

Anyone using it on 1080i set want to comment?

| Wed 8 Aug 2012 8:25:22 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

SteveA

If I connect the HDMI output to an HDMI to Component converter that only supports 1080i, the box still outputs 1080p (even if I power-cycle it).

| Wed 8 Aug 2012 9:04:50 #7 |
  8. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Thanks for that.

Will try my unit on a different (relatives) TV when and if I get the time.

| Wed 8 Aug 2012 9:12:16 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

SteveA

I've now fed the output through an Atlona AT-HD560 Scaler, so I can output 1080i and the Slingbox is happy.

I also split the output first, so I can send 1080p to the TV and 1080i to the Slingbox (via another device that converts HDMI to YPbPr).

So its a very expensive solution with lots of adapters, but it works - and I can use the Guide from the Slingbox!

| Wed 8 Aug 2012 20:07:12 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Hvolant

Mine is connected to a Panasonic th42 plasma tv. It won't accept 1080p and it seems to negotiate down to 720p. It's frustrating not being able to change the resolution because the picture is distinctly [/quote]softer[quote] than my now-defunct 3view, which we had configured for 1080i output

| Sun 2 Sep 2012 11:39:41 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.