My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Channel 4 HD not recording bug

(13 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

raydon

special member

Barry, Any information on whether a firmware fix will be forthcoming from Humax in time for the launch of Channel 4 HD ?

| Mon 28 Mar 2011 18:54:20 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

What 'not recording' bug..I know what you are getting at, just hate the term - 'bug'

The info I have to hand it is not a problem with the HDR. Watch this space.

Edit: I note someone on DS has successfully recorded other DVB S2 streams without issue apparently.

| Tue 29 Mar 2011 12:43:39 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

raydon

special member

Barry - 1 hour ago  » 
    What 'not recording' bug..I know what you are getting at, just hate the term - 'bug'
    The info I have to hand it is not a problem with the HDR. Watch this space.
    Edit: I note someone on DS has successfully recorded other DVB S2 streams without issue apparently.

Sorry, I'll rephrase that, any news on the the not recording error, flaw, failure, or fault that produces an incorrect or unexpected result, or causes it to behave in unintended ways thingy ?

| Tue 29 Mar 2011 14:15:49 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

A poster on DS said that the channel still carries an encryption flag even though it's FTA. Could that be related ?

| Tue 29 Mar 2011 15:53:27 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

raydon

special member

Not encryption Graham. I've done some experimenting myself today with some success. Here's what I posted on DS earlier about this.

Here's some new information to add to what's already known about this problem.
    I've been able to monitor the Video folder on my Foxsat HDR in real time whilst recording channel 4 HD. I have my own custom firmware installed and by using FTP as the monitoring tool I was able to get a dynamic picture of what was happening.
    By refreshing the directory listing at 1 second intervals I could see that a recording named Channel 4 HD.ts file was being made which grew with duration. The .hmt file also appeared to be OK in that it's size was about 4KB. However, and here's the root of the problem, the .nts file remained at zero bytes for the duration of the recording. Since this is what is read by the HDR in determining duration when the recording ends, this zero length file is obviously being interpreted as a recording of less than 30 seconds and as a result the recording gets deleted.

As an additional test I was able to stream the live buffer file 0.ts to my PC whilst tuned to Channel 4 HD and it played back perfectly.

So it's definitely a Humax problem, not the broadcasters.

| Tue 29 Mar 2011 16:07:57 #5 |
  6. super-admin

super-admin

senior admin

Interesting...

Are there any other Freesat HD boxes that can record C4HD yet?

Also, is C4HD launched and broadcasting, or is this some sort of test stream?

| Tue 29 Mar 2011 16:12:40 #6 |
  7. myhumax

myhumax

senior admin

Interesting...

Are there any other Freesat HD boxes that can record C4HD yet?

Also, is C4HD launched and broadcasting, or is this some sort of test stream?

| Tue 29 Mar 2011 16:14:06 #6 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

As I understand it the same transmission is now used by Sky boxes so it's launched in so far as the Sky epg is concerned. Clearly till it appears on the Freesat epg it can't be said to be a Freesat channel. Thanks Raydon for the info, I had already ascertained the ts.0 file contained data by reading the drive on a PC.

| Wed 30 Mar 2011 9:43:06 #7 |
  9. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Try recording it now, all you doubters

Now should I edit the thread title

| Thu 31 Mar 2011 16:29:34 #8 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Indeed, just seen a post on DS confirming it's now recordable.

| Thu 31 Mar 2011 16:34:08 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.