My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Channel 4 HD not recording bug

(13 posts)
  1. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Ah they had cottoned on as well then.....That will spoil the party for those just waiting to leap on Humax

AD and Sub-Titles have always worked for me, where present.

| Thu 31 Mar 2011 17:13:38 #10 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

raydon

special member

Barry - 20 hours ago  » 
    Try recording it now, all you doubters
    Now should I edit the thread title

What would you change it to Barry ?
    The fact remains that when I started this thread C4 HD was not recordable, so a problem did exist with either the broadcast or the HDR. Whether you choose to call it a bug or not, is purely acedemic.
    I must admit that I said later on in the thread "So it's definitely a Humax problem, not the broadcasters". This was based on what I found when I examined the HDD and discovered the empty NTS file. However, events have now proven that it was the broadcast that was the cause of the problem. I am very glad to now retract that statement which I made in good faith at the time, hoping only to inform, and not to knock Humax. I have since compared the transport streams from a recordable and non-recordable broadcast and the only difference I can find is that the non-recordable one contained a lot of additional SEI units containing country code information. This could be what screwed up the HDR's ability to create a valid NTS file but I doubt we'll ever find out for certain.

| Fri 1 Apr 2011 13:25:12 #11 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Can understand fully why you came to your conclusions Raydon, and that you were not knocking Humax, indeed I passed the info you posted onto Humax towers as soon as it appeared.

Glad we can discuss these issues like adults, and with a bit of humour, not like some of the ramblings in other places

| Fri 1 Apr 2011 13:41:02 #12 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.