My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Channel 4 HD using a Foxsat-HDR with CF

(23 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

After Channel-4 HD had been removed from the freesat epg I added Channel 4 HD using manual tune, to my custom firmware equipped Foxsat-HDR and using the channel editor added it to Freesat mode.

11126 V DVB-S QPSK 22000 5/6

Did the following recording test with BBC-HD set from the epg and a manual timer for Channel 4 HD as follows

BBC ONE HD 15:00 - 15:45 from Freesat Channel 106 and Non Freesat Channel 4 HD manual recording 15:05 - 16:00.

Both recordings worked.

| Thu 22 Feb 2018 17:06:28 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

bazzybabes

Thanks for your help once again Graham.

| Fri 23 Feb 2018 21:30:16 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

This works using the SD epg entry for Foxsat-HDR owners with the CF and Channel editor.

Boot the box and make sure you are in Freesat mode, Open the guide by pressing schedule and red. Tap in 104 to go to CH 4 SD. Create a one/off recording.

Press yellow to display the schedule. Move to the recording you have just scheduled and press yellow. Press OK on 104 Channel 4. Tap in your channel number for Channel 4 HD and press OK when the box moves to CH 4 HD. Add any padding you want and change the repeat from once if you want to record a daily or weekly programme.

| Mon 26 Feb 2018 18:04:49 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

locky

Still using a Foxsat HDR and came across the CH4HD problem, so found this thread and can now watch/record CH4HD after installing custom firmware and using channel editor with above instructions. Thank you for the info.

| Wed 28 Feb 2018 16:24:19 #4 |
  5. paulburke

Paul

Problem setting manual recordings using Foxsat HDR. Added C4HD to Freesat using the custom firmware, it is shown as Channel 5004.

Set about 5 manual recordings since C4HD and none of them have recorded. There is no failed recording, the Foxsat just does not wake up from standby.

Any thoughts please?

Also posted on another forum, just wanted to add it to this thread as it seems appropriate.

| Mon 5 Mar 2018 20:28:16 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Did you set the recording as described above. How many cables do you have connected to your Foxsat. Are you using single cable mode with a loop cable from tuner 1 out to tuner 2 in ?

| Mon 5 Mar 2018 20:49:04 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Did you set the recording as described above. How many cables do you have connected to your Foxsat. Are you using single cable mode with a loop cable from tuner 1 out to tuner 2 in ?

| Mon 5 Mar 2018 20:49:34 #7 |
  8. paulburke

Paul

Hi Graham,

Yes, 2 cables, and set the recordings correctly, and only one recording at a time, so no conflict.

Just set a test with the box awake. It did not record! Nothing else was programmed.

| Mon 5 Mar 2018 21:14:46 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

paulburke - 3 minutes ago  » 
    Hi Graham,
    Yes, 2 cables, and set the recordings correctly, and only one recording at a time, so no conflict.
    Just set a test with the box awake. It did not record! Nothing else was programmed.

Very strange.

I take it you can view the channel in freesat mode by entering it's channel number and you can see the epg line in freesat mode ?

If not using the channel editor did you set 5004 to Freesat mode and Viewable and you re-booted the box to load the new channel config file created by the CF.

Many changes created by the CF can only change the stored data files, only way the CF gurus could find to load them is to re-boot the box.

| Mon 5 Mar 2018 21:25:55 #9 |
  10. paulburke

Paul

Well something weird!
    Attached is my C4HD listing from the CF, I think it is OK, and can tune to the channel in Freesat mode.
    As you will see there should only be 4 channels listed, 1001,1002,1003 and 1004.
    However there are another 87 channels listed from 5005 right up to 5091.
    I tried deleting them on the box and then imported the data from the Foxsat, and even though the Foxsat only shows 5001-3 in non-freesat mode, with 5004 (C4HD) being in freesat mode, all those other channels appear in the CF webpage but not on the Foxsat!
    Would that affect recordings anyway?

Attachments

1. Capture.JPG (73.8 KB, 33 downloads) 6 years old
    | Mon 5 Mar 2018 21:50:39 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.