My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Channel 48 change to Channel 40 (Movies4Men)

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Madge1941

A couple of days ago my brother received a message through his PVR to say that channel 48 was moving to channel 40 (Movies4Men). He managed to persuade his TV to make the move but his PVR has now lost both channels so he can't record Movies4Men programmes.
    I have an older model of the Fox T2 and received no message about the change, and my PVR is still happily recording M4M on ch 48.
    Please does anyone know what he can do to remedy the situation?
    Thanks very much.

| Fri 17 May 2019 20:00:57 #1 |
  2. Trev

Trev

special member

A full retune should do the trick.
    Make a not of the scheduled programmes, as this may be lost (smartphone selfie of it)

| Fri 17 May 2019 20:27:57 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Madge1941

Thanks Trev, he says he tried this and that's when he lost both channels. But he's a bit of a technophobe, so I guess I'll have to go and hold his hand while he tries again. The smartphone pic tip is good - thanks very much.

| Sat 18 May 2019 20:53:23 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Madge1941 - 15 hours ago  » 
    I guess I'll have to go and hold his hand while he tries again.

Madge1941 - 1 day ago  » 
    A couple of days ago my brother received a message through his PVR to say that channel 48 was moving to channel 40 (Movies4Men). He managed to persuade his TV to make the move but his PVR has now lost both channels so he can't record Movies4Men programmes.

If you can't resolve the issues then please would also check if Dave (12) and Pick (11) are also missing.

Madge1941 - 1 day ago  » I have an older model of the Fox T2 and received no message about the change, and my PVR is still happily recording M4M on ch 48.

There were at least a couple of changes to some of the internals of the HDR-FOX T2. From the front of the box you can't tell which are which.
    Are you sure that you both have HDR-FOX T2s?
    https://uk.humaxdigital.com/product/hdr-fox-t2/

| Sun 19 May 2019 12:23:20 #4 |
  5. Trev

Trev

special member

I have an older model of the Fox T2 and received no message about the change, and my PVR is still happily recording M4M on ch 48.

That's because you haven't retuned it or have the custom firmware with tunefix.

| Sun 19 May 2019 14:10:58 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.