My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HD

Channel 5 and ITV 1 changes

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

wizard789

Hi.
    I live on the fringes of the Sat footprint. Recently Channel 5 and ITV 1 transmissions showed the message "No or bad signal". The same for all Channel 5 offerings however ITV 1+1, ITV2, ITV 3 etc are all ok. I have done a re-tune but still have the problem. Have Channel 5 etc changed transponders or footprint recently.

Thanks for any input.

Wizard789

| Thu 20 Dec 2012 10:15:19 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Yes, these channels have moved to Astra 2F which has a more focused footprint, where are you Spain? see here for channel details: lyngsat
    A lot more will move before the middle of next year to Astra 2E which is said to have much the same footprint.

| Thu 20 Dec 2012 10:29:07 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

wizard789

Hi Repassac.
    Thanks for prompt response. I live in Southern germany (Munich). When you say "the same footprint" do you mean the 2E will have the same footprint as 2F. What programmes are planned to move to 2E?

Regards
    Wizard789

| Thu 20 Dec 2012 17:59:50 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

wizard789 - 22 minutes ago  » 
    Hi Repassac.
    Thanks for prompt response. I live in Southern germany (Munich). When you say "the same footprint" do you mean the 2E will have the same footprint as 2F. What programmes are planned to move to 2E?
    Regards
    Wizard789

2E 2013 and 2G 2014 are expected to be near identical to 2F. All the UK PSB channels on 1N are expected to move to UK spot beams. In fact all channels on 1N will move we just don't know which channels will finish up on the Pan-European transponders.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/aboutthebbc/posts/Changes-to-BBC-Satellite-transponders-in-2013

Astra 1N which gives you your psb channels is destined for 19.2E where it should have gone in the first place. It was launched to 28.2E to replace the ailing Astra 2D.

| Thu 20 Dec 2012 18:28:42 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.