My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Channel 5 HD clash with five star

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

wm77

Hi there. Had a problem trying to record the newly arrived 5 HD. The HD recording was for Sunday but the same film was in SD on five star last night. So I would end up with duplicate recordings. Looking at both channels they seem to be on the same frequency. Is that normal? Any idea for solution? Thanks very much. Using foxsat HDr by the way.

| Sat 7 May 2016 15:05:44 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

wm77

Sorry, should have said when selecting record on the HD film, the SD was automatically selected as well.

| Sat 7 May 2016 15:10:55 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

It's a screw up by Channel 5 (not uncommon). They will have given both versions the same series CRID but a different programme CRID. The box therefore tries to record both. If you set a manual timer with some padding it should resolve the issue.

| Sat 7 May 2016 16:42:34 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

wm77

Thanks. Not sure how you manually record. Do you mean hitting record on that channel before the programme starts? If so how would you add padding at that point. Forgive my ignorance. Thanks

| Sun 8 May 2016 9:54:11 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Set a recording in the usual way. Press schedule. Locate the recording and press yellow (edit). Fill in your start time, choose a suitable repeat pattern and click on OK. You now have a manual recording.

| Sun 8 May 2016 11:33:08 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

wm77

Okay, I'll try that. Thanks.

| Mon 9 May 2016 9:27:57 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

This is also happening on Freeview.

grahamlthompson - 2 days ago  » 
    It's a screw up by Channel 5 (not uncommon). They will have given both versions the same series CRID but a different programme CRID. The box therefore tries to record both.

The split films on freeeview do not have a series CRID. What Channel 5 have done correctly on freeview is to give the split programme the same programme crid body for all parts regardless of channel or repeat as per the d-book. I.e. they have done this correctly on freeview. What they have not done correctly is to give each showing a different metadata identifier (IMI) (which is stored as a programme crid suffix). The IMI value being #1 #2 #3 etc.

My assumption is that freesat is the same.

| Tue 10 May 2016 9:04:55 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.