My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Channel Changing

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

bellevueace

I noticed recently having had no previous trouble at all with my Foxsat HDR that one of my local channels has changed of its own accord. I live in the Granada area so always have had the local granada reports news programme, switching on last week i noticed i now recieve the london equivalent, why would this automatically change? I note i also recieve BBC1 London, every other regional channel is fine, its not a big deal to be fair but i was wondering if i just do a freesat retune is it possible i could lose some of the smaller channels i already have? I have retuned previously and i found a couple of new channels but lost a couple of others, i watch a few programmes on Tru tv for example so not wanting to lose this channel im reluctant to do a re scan, ive checked for updates but none are available im all up to date, so what would cause the programme change? Many Thanks for any info.

| Sat 11 Apr 2015 20:16:44 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Just do a freesat re-tune using a Manchester postcode. (Make a note of your recording schedule as you will have to re-enter it). Tru TV should be on your list provided your dish doesn't have a alignment issue.

All the BBC Regions are available on channels 950-973.

Before you re-tune check your signal on Tru TV as follows

Menu - Setup - Manual Tune

Press right on transponder - All - Press OK

Scroll down the list to 12551 V 22000 5/6 - press OK

(If this transponder is not in the list - see the last paragraph in this post)

Look at the strength and quality at the bottom (mine is 90% Signal 100% Quality). Provided the quality is in the right hand green band a freesat tune should find it.

Press Exit to get out of the manual tune option.

Only reason I can think of is that the channels allocated to your postcode have been changed. You do leave the Foxsat-hdr in sby overnight ? If not the channel database will get out of date so channels moving transponder will not work.

| Sun 12 Apr 2015 12:13:47 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

bellevueace

Great info there thanks very much, yes i leave the box on standby overnight its never unplugged, thanks again.

| Mon 13 Apr 2015 15:59:17 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

bellevueace

Well ive tried to do a re-scan and appear to have found a problem, ive done scans before but now when i press menu-setup theres no options to do a tune, all that comes up is tv scart, vcr scart, audio, dolby digital, lip-sync, screen ratio, display format, and hdcp default, i referred to the user manual and it states menu-setup-manual tune but that option isnt there, on the left of the screen there are four icons for settings, edit channels and system but the third icon a satellite dish does not function when scrolling down that particular option isnt available so dont know if thats a problem, strange the freesat scan and manual scan options seemed to have disappeared and im in the right place, menu-then settings, probably best to leave well alone.

| Mon 13 Apr 2015 21:21:32 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

bellevueace - 9 minutes ago  » 
    Well ive tried to do a re-scan and appear to have found a problem, ive done scans before but now when i press menu-setup theres no options to do a tune, all that comes up is tv scart, vcr scart, audio, dolby digital, lip-sync, screen ratio, display format, and hdcp default, i referred to the user manual and it states menu-setup-manual tune but that option isnt there, on the left of the screen there are four icons for settings, edit channels and system but the third icon a satellite dish does not function when scrolling down that particular option isnt available so dont know if thats a problem, strange the freesat scan and manual scan options seemed to have disappeared and im in the right place, menu-then settings, probably best to leave well alone.

Was your box recording (or about to start a recording in the next 15 minutes). For obvious reasons you can't retune during a recording or during the pre 15 minute check for a Accurate Recording start signal. As you previously managed to select the manual tune option this would seem to be the obvious reason.

| Mon 13 Apr 2015 21:34:43 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

bellevueace

Yes you were right after recording i followed your instructions and it all worked ok, after checking the transponder the signal and quality was 80% in the green so hopefully the channels i want should be found, once again thanks for your help.

| Mon 13 Apr 2015 22:16:59 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.