My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Channel Conflict

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

greenarrow

I am, I thought, familiar with the limit on number of concurrent programmes that can be recorded from two aerial feeds. Last night, I had a situation where two concurrent programmes (BBC1 and BBC2) – different start times - had been selected for recording. The BBC2 programme started, was being watched and was being recorded. Ten minutes later, the BBC1 programme started and the recording attempted to start. As I remember a conflict between BBC1 and another BBC 9xx channel was notified and confusion reigned. Apart from the two channels, no other channels had been selected for recording, and the channel being watched was one of those being recorded. Can anybody throw light on this experience?

| Mon 20 Jul 2015 20:41:55 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Usually caused by the following circumstances and always on BBC channels.

If the BBC use the same series CRID for all the regional variations and one or more region happens to be showing a different episode (different programme crids) then setting a recording actually schedules two recordings instead of one. The BBC Scottish service sometimes transmit a different version to the rest of the UK regions.

I imagine the 9xx channel causing the conflict was the Scottish region. It could have been either recording causing the issue as both BBC1 and BBC2 have Scottish regional variants. If you had noticed the actual number it would have identified the culprit.

You may be able to find the culprit by looking for a different episode in catch up.

Unfortunately once the programme has advanced to a point where it's not in the epg the actual CRID codes can't be identified.

| Mon 20 Jul 2015 21:06:47 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

greenarrow

Thanks for your reply. It is probable that the alternative programme was the Scottish variant. Two other thoughts occur
    Is this a recent development. We may have had the problem once before, but only once, this year.
    Does this situation created when the the option for choosing HD or SD is presented, ie after selecting the red record button? Can it be avoided?

| Tue 21 Jul 2015 15:29:21 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

greenarrow - 9 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks for your reply. It is probable that the alternative programme was the Scottish variant. Two other thoughts occur
    Is this a recent development. We may have had the problem once before, but only once, this year.
    Does this situation created when the the option for choosing HD or SD is presented, ie after selecting the red record button? Can it be avoided?

It's not a recent development, nor is it a fault with the box, it's purely down to the way the BBC codes the series recording codes. It only happens on the rare occasion that a different region airs a different episode at the same time. Chances are that both HD and SD will be affected. You can eliminate the issue by deleting the offending 9xx channels from your epg.

| Tue 21 Jul 2015 15:41:31 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.