My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Channel Editor Plug-in v0.53

(15 posts)
  1. sloppyjoe

sloppyjoe

special member

I would like to have some channels on both freesat and non-freesat, and I cannot figure out how to do it !

Anyone with some ideas ?

| Thu 21 Jun 2012 17:37:38 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Assuming you have used manual tune to add the non-freesat channels you want then find them in channel editor and select visible and freesat. The channels will appear in list in freesat mode. Update the channel list file using the button. Either key in the channel number or add a shortcut on the webif remote page. If the channel you add from Non Freesat happens to be also on Freesat (For instance the other version of ITV1-HD) you will also get it on the freesat epg.

| Thu 21 Jun 2012 17:48:38 #2 |
  3. sloppyjoe

sloppyjoe

special member

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 
    Assuming you have used manual tune to add the non-freesat channels you want then find them in channel editor and select visible and freesat. The channels will appear in list in freesat mode. Update the channel list file using the button. Either key in the channel number or add a shortcut on the webif remote page. If the channel you add from Non Freesat happens to be also on Freesat (For instance the other version of ITV1-HD) you will also get it on the freesat epg.

The channel I want is BBCHD, 109, I add that as a group and tick only it, but it does not show up in Channel Editor !

| Thu 21 Jun 2012 18:57:45 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

After you have scanned the non-freesat channels you want - you need to import the channel list from the Foxsat unless you wait until tommorow after housekeeping. You will need to locate the channel which will have a number in the 5000 series.

| Thu 21 Jun 2012 19:53:46 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

sloppyjoe - 58 minutes ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 

The channel I want is BBCHD, 109, I add that as a group and tick only it, but it does not show up in Channel Editor !

Why do you want two identical entries for BBC-HD in your epg ? What conceivable advantage do you gain ?

| Thu 21 Jun 2012 19:58:14 #5 |
  6. sloppyjoe

sloppyjoe

special member

I think I must be missing something really so simple it isn't funny..

I want to have BBCHD both in Freesat and non-freesat, because I may want to save the non-freesat version to view on my pc unecrypted.

Thanks everyone,, got it !!! I didn't read properly....

| Thu 21 Jun 2012 20:39:44 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

sloppyjoe - 14 minutes ago  » 
    I think I must be missing something really so simple it isn't funny..
    I want to have BBCHD both in Freesat and non-freesat, because I may want to save the non-freesat version to view on my pc unecrypted.

To record a HD channel without encryption you need to go into non-freesat mode and reboot the hdr and manually start a recording. The channel editor allows you to set a manual recording reservation for non-freesat channels while staying in Freesat mode but it doesn't let you do the above.

Forgetting the channel editor and the modified firmware.

Selecting manual tune and scanning all transponders adds all fta channels from 28.2/28.5E and creates a new mode on your box (it leaves you in non-freesat mode) and with dozens of extra channels. You now have a new menu item to switch between modes.

You can't record freesat reservations while in Non Freesat mode.

Once you have a stored list of non-freesat channels the channel editor lets you view and record them without switching modes. For any channel that's not part of the freesat channel line up you can't watch/record while a freesat recording reservation is active.

For example Sky News isn't a Freesat channel, once tuned you can watch it without switching modes by simply using it's channel number if you use the channel editor to add it to the box as a psuedo Freesat channel. If you are watching it when a Freesat recording is due to start then it won't until you tune to a real Freesat channel.

One usefull feature is that it means you can record the BBC interactive streams as if they were real channels.

| Thu 21 Jun 2012 21:10:00 #7 |
  8. sloppyjoe

sloppyjoe

special member

you use the channel editor to add it to the box as a psuedo Freesat channel.
    This part escapes me, I cannot find the way to add a new channel on my screen. I see how I can add a Group, but not a single channel.

I really like the idea of being able to record the streaming BBC channels, Wimbledon is about to start !!!!

| Fri 22 Jun 2012 7:41:51 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Have you used manual tune to create some non-freesat content ? If you have not there won't be any non-freesat channels for the editor to find. At the bottom of the Settings menu is there a Item that says STB Mode with 2 options freesat and non freesat ?

Channels added this way will have channel numbers in the 5000's.

| Fri 22 Jun 2012 8:34:02 #9 |
  10. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

sloppyjoe - 21 hours ago  » 
    I would like to have some channels on both freesat and non-freesat, and I cannot figure out how to do it !
    Anyone with some ideas ?

The stream channels are freesat channels and should appear in the channel editor with channel numbers in the 1000 series - they have a hidden attribute which you can change.

| Fri 22 Jun 2012 15:10:52 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.