(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Saralikesradio

Channel scrambled message will not disappear from screen on FVP 4000T
    Urgent help needed.

| Sun 3 Jul 2016 20:04:45 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Saralikesradio

It's brand new - and newly set-up. Now it's been unplugged to try to get rid of Channel scrambled message (above), and powered up. It showsblue light, but nothing at all on screen and no response from Home or any other keys. So disappointed. Guess it goes back tomorrow and revert to reliable old Humax HDR-FOX T2.
    (Can't understand why there's no info button either, but that's another story)

| Sun 3 Jul 2016 21:26:31 #2 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Not convinced the 'scrambled' message was generated by the FVP 4000T - I have certainly never witnessed it, anyone else?

How did you connect the unit to TV - if by HDMI are you sure that the correct input was selected on the TV?

| Mon 4 Jul 2016 6:57:05 #3 |
  4. Stephenesque

Stephenesque

special member

I have had a 'scrambled' message on quite a number of occasions, but only when I play a recording right to the end. The screen freezes with a message in yellow type mentioning a poor signal and a scrambled channel; i can't recall the exact wording.

I usually only play a complete recording when I'm watching a series, and then I skip to the end so that the next episode automatically starts and I don't get the problem then. It is usually when a recording finishes prematurely or just as the credits are rolling.

I'll make a note the next time it happens.

| Mon 4 Jul 2016 18:02:16 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

PJM

Pretty sure I've had this scrambled channel message but don't remember the details so not very helpful.

I usually only play a complete recording when I'm watching a series, and then I skip to the end so that the next episode automatically starts

I tested this out once and the following episode didn't automatically start - the episode I had just watched restarted. I thought I was just mistaken about this being a feature. I will have to try it again.

| Wed 6 Jul 2016 10:52:04 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Saralikesradio

Thnaks for replies. It would not go away - the on screen message, nothing recorded and no channels problem. The FVP 4000T has gone back - too unhappy with it - the on screen guide is rubbish, Find doesn't work the way it should, no retaining of keywords etc, we couldn't believe there is no info button to show you the programme details. Most disappointing. Our friends were hoping we'd cascade them our HDR-FOX T2 but we'll keep it. Does anyone know if the Humax HDR-2000T has any advantages over the HDR-FOXT2, or any disadvantages? Thanks

| Wed 6 Jul 2016 13:28:19 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Saralikesradio - 5 minutes ago  » 
    Does anyone know if the Humax HDR-2000T has any advantages over the HDR-FOXT2, or any disadvantages?

The HDR-2000T has few minor advantages over the HDR-FOX T2 but nothing earth shattering and it has a few bugs in the software that are not present on the HDR-FOX T2. My advice would be to stick with the HDR-FOX T2. If you haven't investigated the custom firmware for the HDR_FOX T2 you might consider it now. It adds functionality to the standard software with features for remote scheduling of recordings and lots of ways to share content to other devices and a whole host of other features.

| Wed 6 Jul 2016 13:37:59 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.