My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Channels showing no or bad signal

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

spool

Hi I have a problem on my Foxsat HDR, though I have 2 good source i direct connected input cables into the correct ports and they both read 100%/100%, when trying to watch the olympic channels the message comes up No or bad signal, when going through the setup procedure there is only one signal source indicated and even when carrying out the factory reset it only picks up one i/p has anyone got any ideas please?
    FYI there have been historic problems using the red button and also trying to record and watch certain other channels whilst doing so, though I can record 2 channels at the same time.

| Tue 31 Jul 2012 7:21:55 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi welcome to the forum. IF you swap the input cables and repeat the reset do you get no signal, one or two cables found during the reset. If you can come back with this info it will make it easier to suggest some tests you can do.

| Tue 31 Jul 2012 10:17:08 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

spool

Thanks Graham, yes on the diagnostic page depending on which cable I unscrew I get the correlating reduction/loss of signal on tuner 1 or 2, however when on manual or Freesat tune I only have one signal/quality bar and on factory reset the system only tunes to 1 cable, disconnection of the cable to input 2 makes no difference when viewing strength/quality whereas disconnection of i/p 1 causes a total loss of signal. Both channel idents are identical for tuner 1/2 on the diagnostic page by the way.
    Regards, Stewart.

| Tue 31 Jul 2012 20:00:59 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

spool

Sorry Graham should also have mentioned that the problem is the same regardless of which cable is into i/p 1.
    Regards, Stewart

| Tue 31 Jul 2012 20:02:58 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.