My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Chase play

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

methley

This might be broken again. We've just watched a program on BBC1 HD on chase play (press pause for a couple of minutes then play, so watching from the buffer). After the programme had finished we were dumped back to live tv and missed a couple of minutes of the next programme.

I'm sure on 1.02.07 it didn't do this and just chased over programme boundaries. Can anyone confirm?

| Thu 7 Jul 2011 22:03:07 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

I can't be specific to your box, I don't have one. But firstly chase play is not pausing live TV it's playing back a recording from the media list as it's being recorded. This never loses the end unless of course AR chops it off.

On the Foxsat-hdr timeshifting which is what you are doing by simply pausing live TV loses the end if you are also recording the same programme and time shift the live transmission if you are behind real time when the programme finishes. The end of course is on the recording. There is one other condition that causes it, if you have a follow up recording and don't have the tuner resources to continue watching then the same thing happens. Assuming reason 1 simply selecting the recording programme from the media list 30 seconds after recording starts will avoid the problem. I guess the HDR-FOX T2 works the same.

| Thu 7 Jul 2011 22:33:49 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.