My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

chasing playback sudden stop

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

William27

My first post so Hello everyone,

This may have been asked before, apologies if this is so However, I have an HDR FOX T2. If we are watching CBeebies channel 71 say on chasing playback the unit reverts to the "Cbeebies is now off air" when the Broadcast has ended. In other words if I'm watching the buffered content the Humax does not allow me to finish watching what has been buffered. Is this a fault? This didn't happen with the Topfield unit which would just play out the buffer. Any Ideas anyone ?
    Thanks

| Thu 28 Jun 2012 7:48:08 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

William27 - 2 hours ago  » 
    Is this a fault?

This has been reported before and is the way the box works. Best advice is to record things rather than relying on time shifting which does have some quirks.

| Thu 28 Jun 2012 10:47:21 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

William27

Thanks for the reply,

cheers

| Thu 28 Jun 2012 15:46:32 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

If the phone rings etc and you aren't already recording then press the record button (if you can't record then you are already using both tuners). When you come back bring up the media list and choose the recording (it will be there 30 seconds later). Viewing the ongoing recording you can pause, rewind fast forward with impunity provided you stay within the buffered content. (Chasing Playback). If you set a recording for ITV and start watching about 15 minutes later then the forward / reverse skip buttons are a great way to skip the ads using chasing playback.

| Thu 28 Jun 2012 15:55:09 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.