My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

choose SD recording but records HD as well

(13 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

thegenegenie

My Dad's 4000t occasionally records both the HD and SD broadcast of the same programme despite having him chosen only the SD recording, anyone else had this? Is there a default setting that I've missed or something like that?

GH

| Tue 6 Jun 2017 13:47:14 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

That would normally be down to a broadcaster screwing up the recording crid (content reference identifier) codes.

If they give HD and SD series the same series CRID but different programme CRID's, the box assumes they are two different episodes so schedules both.

| Tue 6 Jun 2017 13:55:51 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

In the past it happened regularly with BBC1 Scotland HD & SD. Not recently which I assume due to they fixed the CRIDs.

| Tue 6 Jun 2017 14:52:26 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Pollensa1946 - 12 minutes ago  » 
    In the past it happened regularly with BBC1 Scotland HD & SD. Not recently which I assume due to they fixed the CRIDs.

Often the problem with Scotland was that they showed a different episode to England so the box correctly scheduled both.

| Tue 6 Jun 2017 15:06:04 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

grahamlthompson - 23 seconds ago  » 

Pollensa1946 - 12 minutes ago  » 

Often the problem with Scotland was that they showed a different episode to England so the box correctly scheduled both.

| Tue 6 Jun 2017 15:06:42 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

I think the crid for your posts has gone awry there Graham as we either have a double post or one is HD and the other SD.

| Tue 6 Jun 2017 15:48:28 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Faust - 3 minutes ago  » 
    I think the crid for your posts has gone awry there Graham as we either have a double post or one is HD and the other SD.

Nope the double recordings involving Scotland were BBC 1 England with BBC 1 Scotland and BBC 1 HD England with BBC 1 HD Scotland. Often after a episode delayed by a showing off Scottish related content.

If the Scottish situation was related to the OP's post you would get an attempt to schedule 3/4 at once which would fail instantly.

The OP must have had a spare tuner not to pick up the issue when the reservation was originally created.

Never seen a situation as posted in post 3, as SD Scotland and England use different but shared series id's for SD and a different shared one for HD.

| Tue 6 Jun 2017 15:55:09 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

In any event, I know that the cases I cited were duplicate copies, HD & SD, of the same episode. Cos I had to go thru the folder and delete the SD copies. All 52 of "Homes Under The Hammer" for example (which my wife likes to watch ).

| Tue 6 Jun 2017 16:05:47 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

grahamlthompson - 7 hours ago  » 

Faust - 3 minutes ago  » 

Nope the double recordings involving Scotland were BBC 1 England with BBC 1 Scotland and BBC 1 HD England with BBC 1 HD Scotland. Often after a episode delayed by a showing off Scottish related content.
    If the Scottish situation was related to the OP's post you would get an attempt to schedule 3/4 at once which would fail instantly.
    The OP must have had a spare tuner not to pick up the issue when the reservation was originally created.
    Never seen a situation as posted in post 3, as SD Scotland and England use different but shared series id's for SD and a different shared one for HD.

I was tongue in cheek referring to your posts as you had double posted.

| Tue 6 Jun 2017 23:37:45 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Faust - 10 hours ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 7 hours ago  » 

Faust - 3 minutes ago  » 

I was tongue in cheek referring to your posts as you had double posted.

Double Post ?

| Wed 7 Jun 2017 10:25:07 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.