My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Broadcast, Internet, Media

Close iPlayer loophole, says public, apparently

(17 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Faust - 10 hours ago  » ...I would be happy to pay a licence fee twice over for BBC output...

No problem, you pay a subscription and I won't bother.

| Fri 15 Jan 2016 10:31:23 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

It's not going to be subscription-only. That wasn't one of the models offered in the consultation.

a) Licence, as now but with loophole closed

b) "Household levy"

c) Licence + subs for extras

| Fri 15 Jan 2016 10:57:54 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

I know. I was talking in the abstract, where the BBC was a sub service for those that wanted it, Which would be my ideal.

| Fri 15 Jan 2016 11:29:18 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Pollensa1946 - 1 hour ago  » 

Faust - 10 hours ago  » ...I would be happy to pay a licence fee twice over for BBC output...

No problem, you pay a subscription and I won't bother.

Has to be licence fee as now with loop hole closed - and not before time. The sooner the free loaders are stopped the better for everyone.

| Fri 15 Jan 2016 12:21:21 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Option 1 - licence fee with loophole closed - doesn't give enough information to allow an informed choice. Closed how, and for whom?

Option 2 - "household tax" would just perpetuate and extend the perceived unfairness in the present licence-fee legislation, as it would be payable, apparently at a flat rate, by every household. Like a poll tax.

Option 3 - licence fee with subs top up - sounds to me like iPlayer on subscription.

Perhaps we'll just end up with the status quo, but with iPlayer behind a licence-verification sign-in.

| Fri 15 Jan 2016 12:57:46 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Faust - 1 hour ago  » ...Has to be licence fee as now with loop hole closed - and not before time. The sooner the free loaders are stopped the better for everyone.

OK, I understand that's your point of view, there are others who disagree with you, surprising as you may find that.

| Fri 15 Jan 2016 13:25:15 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Pollensa1946 - 2 hours ago  » 

Faust - 1 hour ago  » ...Has to be licence fee as now with loop hole closed - and not before time. The sooner the free loaders are stopped the better for everyone.

OK, I understand that's your point of view, there are others who disagree with you, surprising as you may find that.

Opinions are as numerous and varied as there are numbers of people on the planet. No one persons opinion is more valid or less so than the next persons - of course I accept that.

| Fri 15 Jan 2016 15:37:13 #17 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.