My Humax Forum » WELCOME to the forums!

Coming from YouView to FreeView

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

DaveG1946

Hi all.

Having had a persistent and (apparently) unfixable problem over the last 15 months with an DTR-T2000, Humax support suggested that I move to a FVP-5000T to solve the problem. John Lewis, from who I bought the T2000, very kindly swapped the boxes for a small consideration an dhere I am.

I also have a DTR-T1010 which serves as a backup recorder, even though it has a failed HDMI port.

First impressions are that the FreeView interface is not as slick as the YouView, but not so much as to be unusable. I was having an issue with the LiveTv app, but I may have solved this on my iPhone, but not on the Android tablet.

I have a Logitect Harmony 350 remote which replaced the now worn out remote for my LG 32LD490 TV. I have not yet managed to get this set up for the 5000T as I changed the control coding on the 5000T remote to avoid conflicts with remote for the T1010 and I have not yet been able to get the Harmony remote to control the 5000T.

I have an external HDD with movies on it. I have plugged into the USB port on the 5000T and this seems to work OK, except that, while my W10 pc can see the FVP-5000T, I haven't yet figured out how to see the movie files to transfer to the external HDD over the network without re-plugging it.

| Thu 17 May 2018 19:59:20 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

DaveG1946 - 41 minutes ago  » 
    Hi all.
    Having had a persistent and (apparently) unfixable problem over the last 15 months with an DTR-T2000, Humax support suggested that I move to a FVP-5000T to solve the problem. John Lewis, from who I bought the T2000, very kindly swapped the boxes for a small consideration an dhere I am.
    I also have a DTR-T1010 which serves as a backup recorder, even though it has a failed HDMI port.
    First impressions are that the FreeView interface is not as slick as the YouView, but not so much as to be unusable. I was having an issue with the LiveTv app, but I may have solved this on my iPhone, but not on the Android tablet.
    I have a Logitect Harmony 350 remote which replaced the now worn out remote for my LG 32LD490 TV. I have not yet managed to get this set up for the 5000T as I changed the control coding on the 5000T remote to avoid conflicts with remote for the T1010 and I have not yet been able to get the Harmony remote to control the 5000T.
    I have an external HDD with movies on it. I have plugged into the USB port on the 5000T and this seems to work OK, except that, while my W10 pc can see the FVP-5000T, I haven't yet figured out how to see the movie files to transfer to the external HDD over the network without re-plugging it.

Change the device from a 5000T to a 4000T. Despite they having the same software logitech have screwed up. The 4000T device has the option to learn the infra red mode.

| Thu 17 May 2018 20:43:58 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

DaveG1946

That worked a treat. Thank you.

I had cause to call Logitech about something else today, so I passed the information on to them. They said :-

"I will be forwarding your case internally in regard to the request for the infrared language for the Humax FVP-4000T device to be added to the Humax FVP-5000T device as well. It may take several working days before I receive your case back from my colleague. In the meantime, I will not be able to see any replies from your end as your case will temporarily be out of my hands. Once I have the case back however, I will get back in touch with you, hopefully with good news that you can add the Humax FVP-5000T to your account again and will be able to get it operating with the language which works for you"

I shall wait and see.

| Fri 18 May 2018 19:30:34 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

DaveG1946 - 7 minutes ago  » 
    That worked a treat. Thank you.
    I had cause to call Logitech about something else today, so I passed the information on to them. They said :-
    "I will be forwarding your case internally in regard to the request for the infrared language for the Humax FVP-4000T device to be added to the Humax FVP-5000T device as well. It may take several working days before I receive your case back from my colleague. In the meantime, I will not be able to see any replies from your end as your case will temporarily be out of my hands. Once I have the case back however, I will get back in touch with you, hopefully with good news that you can add the Humax FVP-5000T to your account again and will be able to get it operating with the language which works for you"
    I shall wait and see.

I already reported it, sadly the customer support person didn't have a clue what I was talking about. As the boxes are harware wise near identical and so apparently is the software it's not a big deal.

| Fri 18 May 2018 19:41:45 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.