My Humax Forum » WELCOME to the forums!

Compatible external HDD for BS1100s

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

paul85

Hi Everyone,
    I'm new to the forum and to Humax. I spend 5-6 months in France where I have used a motorised satellite TV system for many years. Finally, wear in the bearings of the motor drive below the dish made the setup unreliable and, rather than replace the motor for the second time, decided to go for Freesat and a fixed dish.
    Because I only have a single coax from the LNB, I chose the BS1100S with the option of recording to an external hard drive. Tried a 64GB USB stick but will not record to it so, my question is, what USB drive do members recommend? I only need 250GB maximum.
    Incidentally, I live in the south of Vendée, have excellent reception from a 65cm dish and so far (only installed it yesterday) am delighted with the box supplied by Amazon UK with just three days delivery.

| Tue 10 Apr 2018 10:07:00 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

I take it you mean HB1100S

See This FAQ for HDD I tested on a HB1000S, I have no reason to doubt same results for the 1100S.

| Tue 10 Apr 2018 11:09:46 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

paul85 - 1 hour ago  » 
    Tried a 64GB USB stick but will not record to it so

The user guide states that you need a USB Hard Drive (HDD) to record. A USB stick is not a USB HDD.

| Tue 10 Apr 2018 11:44:18 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

paul85

Thank you for the FAQ suggestion. A portable USB HDD will be the answer. I already had the USB stick which worked fine with my old box and, yes, it's an HB1100S. Thanks again.

| Tue 10 Apr 2018 14:26:40 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.