My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Other Humax Products

Computer doesn''t recognise PVR

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mabatho

Dear reader(s), I am a newby with the following problem:
    Bought a Humax PVR 5200C last year, and recently got the Humax dongle to connect to my router. Installation of the dongle worked fine, and connection of the PVR with the wireless router succeeded. The problems started when I tried to connect the PVR with my computer. I installed the CD-rom, however cannot open the Ralink Wireless Utility. Also, the Ralink icon on the taskbar (right, below) is black and says "card does not exist" when pointing the mouse on the icon. I also tried to detect the PVR via Control Panel -> add hardware. No sign of the Humax 5200. What am I missing? I have Windows 7 on the computer. If someone could help me out I shall be very grateful...

Thanks!

| Fri 27 Jan 2012 22:27:16 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum

We do not have the cable box in the UK, but there is no need to install anything on your PC.

Win 7 media player should recognise that you have the Humax connected to your network, and the unit name should appear in 'other libraries'

| Sat 28 Jan 2012 10:39:57 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mabatho

Thank you for you advice!
    At first I couldn't find the Humax in Media player, but after uninstalling the Ralink dongle on the computer (the computer had some very strange behavior e.g. refused to connect to internet and not even recognising the router any more) and reconfiguring the WiFi connection on the Humax, I now see the Humax in the Windows Media Player under "other libraries".

| Sat 28 Jan 2012 22:51:37 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mabatho

...sorry - entered too quickly

| Sat 28 Jan 2012 22:52:24 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mabatho

I still have one problem: Sometimes the computer recognises the PVR and sometimes it doest. Does that have to do with the quality of the connection? The Router and Humax is in a living room downstairs and the computer is upstairs. However other computers upstairs function perfectly. The Humax dongle is a 150N, which is not very powerful... Could that be the reason? Then: In media Player when I click the Humax I get the message (I translate from Dutch): "the external media library does not allow the connection. Contact the dealer for more information" when I try to click on recorded programmes. To sum it up: the computer doesn't constantly recognise the Humax PVR, and when it does, the programmes recorded on the PVR aren't listed in Media Player under the Humax in Other Libraries. Sorry for bothering you with many questions...but it would be very nice to be able to clear the hard disc of the PVR in order to record new programmes. Thank you for your patience!

| Sat 28 Jan 2012 23:06:40 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.