My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Confliction messages

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnA

Hi,

I have a new installation and yesterday after setting up the pvr to record a programme on one channel and later whilst watching on another channel up came this conflict message and the TV automatically switched to the channel I had set the record session for.

I have seen somewhere that this maybe to do with a one or two cable setting and to do this you need to go into SetUp, Manual Tune followed by pressing the red button then green, yellow, blue, green, yellow, blue which will bring up the option for the Antenna Setting which needs to be set to Two Cable.

Before going through this and perhaps messing up any other settings can any tell me if this is correct or not.

Many thanks.

John

| Thu 26 Jul 2012 12:28:18 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

In your case it's most likely a genuine message. The channel you were viewing was most likely not available when the second tuner was required to start recording.

You should have seen a two cables found message on setup.

Easy way to check

Goto BBC-HD and press record, goto BBC1-HD and press record. Now tune to any other channel and press pause. if you can pause any of the other channels then your box is OK.

If you post the channels you were going to record and the one you were watching I can explain why. If one or more of them was a BBC region post the transponder details revealed by opt+ while viewing a channel.

If you want to be able to predict what you can and can't do see here.

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/what-can-i-record-and-watch-using-1-or-2-cables

| Thu 26 Jul 2012 12:57:14 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnA

Hi Graham,

Yes your suggestion worked - I had both these channels recording and the third channel could be paused as the others in record mode could.

On both occasions we had this conflict message the channel we wanted to record from were working BBC1-HD and Channel 5.

No other recordings were scheduled, and each case we had the conflict message when we were watching a different channel and in both cases when the message appeared the pvr switched us to BBC1-HD in the first instance and Channel 5 in the second.

In the meantime I have checked the SetUp and the Antenna Setting was to one cable not two and after changing this to two cable I made a simultaneous test recording of two channels whilst watching a third and the conflict message did not appear.

So we seem to be OK now.

By the way I did not see the two cables found on setup because initially I had set the box to manual tuning so that I could use this for establishing a signal and fine tuning when I first installed the box and new dish. I then went to tuning via the Freesat heading so possible the two cables were circumvented.

Thanks again.

John

| Thu 26 Jul 2012 14:32:39 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.