My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Connect HDR to PC.

(6 posts)
  1. Gerrymac

Gerrymac

Hi,
    I,m looking to know can you connect the Humax to a PC and vice-versa to view content?
    I rarely have the Humax box conncted to the internet although I do have the ethernet cable behind box for easy connection to router.
    Can you connect using Networks?
    I,m a novice at this...but having been reading other posts but just come away from them scratching my head..lol.
    I would be very grateful if someone could post up information on this so I can play around and see if I can get this to work.
    Many Thanks...

| Thu 31 Oct 2013 15:30:03 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

When you say "view content" do you mean too see what programmes the HDR-FOX T2 contains, or do you mean to watch the programmes on your PC?

The PC connectivity which Humax have provided for the HDR-FOX T2 was described in the relase note as
    "- FTP is available for Backup purposes only
    "- All content transfered from the product via FTP will be encrypted and you are only able to playback on the product when copied back on, or via USB"

| Thu 31 Oct 2013 18:29:21 #2 |
  3. Gerrymac

Gerrymac

I thought that you could view content from the PC to the Humax if you were connected to the same Network as the BB Router..the same way that you can connect your PC/TV to watch things in HD(TV).

Many Thanks....

| Fri 1 Nov 2013 13:37:20 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

I think that I may be getting a bit confused. Watching the Humax SD programmes on your PC's monitor is possible if you have a DTCP client installed on the PC.

So I'll make just one more comment and then but out and hope someone else gives you more detail and more reliable detail.

The Humax appears to play more programmes from an external USB drive than through DLNA.
    To see if PC/Humax connectivity is worth pursing you could first try out some of your PC videos by copying them onto USB memory and see if the Humax will play them directly from the USB memory.

| Fri 1 Nov 2013 14:19:41 #4 |
  5. athomson

athomson

special member

Just my 2p worth. If you turn on media share under System -> Settings => Internet Settings and then Windows Media player can see the HDR media. Not tried it the other way though. You can see network drives under Media if you press 'Blue' and then select network. Putting files on a USB drive and plugging that into the HDR seems a better option to me though.

Andy

| Fri 1 Nov 2013 17:16:03 #5 |
  6. Gerrymac

Gerrymac

Many thanks guys for the response..Like I said I,m only learning..I have had stuff on USB drives..some have played thru the box,others haven,t...but thats the fault of the drive...

@Andy...to carry out what you have said..I take it the Humax needs to be online...

Cheers.

| Sat 2 Nov 2013 22:42:39 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.