My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

connect pc to humax foxsat hdr via usb

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sedona

When I try to connect my laptop running windows 7 to my humax foxsat hdr via usb, I don't get found new hardware on my computer in fact I get nothing at all can anyone help.

| Wed 30 May 2012 20:24:39 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Partridge2

Well kind of..... the Humax Foxsat HDR is essentially a computer as well, so you can't connect it via USB with your laptop (would be like trying to connect two laptops via USB).

Your options for transferring recordings between the Foxsat HDR and your PC are:

1. With a USB stick or USB hard drive (the Foxsat HDR manual describes how to to this).

2. With custom firmware which allows you to connect from your laptop to the Foxsat HDR via home network. See here to get started:
    http://www.avforums.com/forums/freesat/1599048-media-file-server-bundle-foxsat-hdr-release-4-0-part-2-a.html

| Wed 30 May 2012 21:01:39 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi welcome to the forum.

There are two types of usb device.

A host controller (normally a PC) and a device controller (normally a USB mass storage device like a flash memory stick or a USB hard disc drive).

A host device has to connect to a device controller - host to host and device to device won't work.

The Foxsat-hdr is a host controller so needs to connect to a mass storage device.

There is third party software that lets your laptop access the hdr's HDD directly over a home network.

| Wed 30 May 2012 21:07:29 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.