My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Stuck on Connecting…

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gil

Hi all, I’ve just had the HDR-2000T delivered and I’m very impressed, everything is working fine, with the exception of the network functions – I cannot see my media files stored on the PC. From the computer I can view and play the files stored on the receiver (with the exception of Recorded TV, which does not show any of my recordings, but this is another issue) through the PC’s Windows Media Player, but not the other way around. When I press Media > Storage > Network on the receiver all I get is a constant Connecting… message. The wifi LAN (DHCP) is configured correctly as far as I can see. I am using the Edimax EW-7711UAN Wireless nLITE High Gain USB Adapter with a BT HomeHub 2.0. The PC is a Dell desktop with Windows 8.1.
    The FTP Server and File Sharing are both on. The user guide says ‘To access to the internal HDD, enter the IP address assigned to the receiver on PC’. Where exactly do I enter this IP address, please, haven't got a clue.
    Cheers,
    Gil

| Sun 1 Dec 2013 20:22:37 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

snorkiet

Hi

Not sure from above what you have working.
    The humax does not have a recorded tv share if using dlna. That sounds like windows. Think the humax root is called "my content"

network is working with the dongle.
    I use direct connection for my humax and not a usb dongle. Do you know if that usd dongle works with the humax or not.
    If you are continually scanning it doesnt sound like the humax is networked.

This is why you cant connect remotely into it. If you had the ip address of the humax then you would use this to ftp to it.

| Tue 17 Dec 2013 14:27:15 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gil

Hi Snorkiet, thanks for your reply. I installed Universal Media Server on the PC and now I can access my computer files from the Humax without a hitch. It seems the Windows 8.1 DLNA Client was a bit rubbish, so a third party app was needed? Also, Filezilla was very useful in letting me access the stuff on the Humax from the PC.

| Tue 17 Dec 2013 20:22:30 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

CMoor

Hello,
    I am rather similarly stuck, and I'll be very grateful for any advice please on what I am doing wrong.

I've just bought an HDR 2000T which is working fine. I stuck an Edimax dongle in, and it has connected to my WiFi (BT Homehub) and the TV Portal is working, quite happily receiving YouTube etc.
    So it's working and has access to my network.
    I have also gone to settings / system / internet settings and switched on both Content Share and FTP Server. The machine says "Network Connected"

At the other end, I have a laptop (a MacBook) which is also connected to the wifi and the internet.
    As its a Mac, I have been to System Preferences / Sharing / Services and ticked the boxes for FTP Access and personal and DVD sharing.

However, the Humax cannot find (eg) photos on the (blue) "Network. It just hangs at "connecting' and I cannot see the Humax from my laptop.

Obviously I'm missing something. But sadly, I don't know what..........

Thanks for any help

| Sun 5 Jan 2014 23:02:43 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

CMoor - 5 minutes ago  » 
    As its a Mac, I have been to System Preferences / Sharing / Services and ticked the boxes for FTP Access and personal and DVD sharing.

Does that turn on a DLNA server on the Mac? A bit of googling suggests not but some of the hits were quite old.

| Sun 5 Jan 2014 23:10:11 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

CMoor

Thanks.
    There does not seem to be any additional server turned on. When I look at My Computer / Network /Servers, the only server is the "Macintosh-2.home" which I think was always there.

Does this mean I need to download a DLNA Server in order to connect to the Humax ?
    (I'm non-technical in this respect so I don't have any real understanding of the details !)

| Sun 5 Jan 2014 23:35:21 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.