My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Connecting extra HDD to FOXSAT-HDR

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Vic Channell

Hi I have a Maxtor one touch III750 GB external HDD but when I try to connect it to my foxsat- hdr I get message use your computer to format this HDD to FAT 32, I have windows fista wich dose not have software for FAT 32, Has anyone had this problem and can help?
    All the best Vic Channell

| Wed 29 Aug 2012 15:03:34 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Lots of free software to format larger drives fat32 in windows. IF you do it won't be able to transfer files larger than 4GB. If you format it in the Linux EXT3 format this removes the filesize limitation.

http://easeus-partition-master-home-edition.soft32.com/free-download?gclid=CLvDtruDjbICFaTKtAodxz4Axg

Will do either.

If you want to use a EXT3 drive on a PC you need a driver.

http://www.ext2fsd.com/?page_id=16

| Wed 29 Aug 2012 15:18:49 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Vic Channell

Hi grahamlthompson,
    Thank you very much for your help, I have not tried anything yet because I have been busy with other things at the present but I am looking foreword to trying it later,
    thanks again all the best
    Vic channell

| Mon 3 Sep 2012 16:02:39 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tom138

Is it possible to connect Sky to a Humax HDR FreeSat

| Tue 4 Sep 2012 13:17:48 #4 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I think you need to explain more.

| Tue 4 Sep 2012 13:18:57 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

You can use a dish provided by Sky to connect a Freesat box to if that's what you are asking. Both services have the same free to air programmes from the same satellite. A lot depends on what Sky box you have now. Sky recording boxes use 2 cable infeeds from the lnb (Sky fit 4 output quad lnb's so there's two spare).

Freesat recording boxes need two as well. So a Freesat+ pvr is a straight swap for a Sky+/Sky-Hd box. Connecting the 2 spare outputs will mean you can run both. If a non recording Sky box with only a single lnb then the lnb will need changing to a quad) and one extra cable running, if you want full recording capability. The Foxsat-hdr can use both tuners on a single cable with some recording limitations.

| Tue 4 Sep 2012 13:44:46 #6 |
  7. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Hi Graham - I am not sure if thats what Tom138 wanted to know given the thread title.

| Tue 4 Sep 2012 14:02:59 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

REPASSAC - 28 minutes ago  » 
    Hi Graham - I am not sure if thats what Tom138 wanted to know given the thread title.

That's why I said if that's what you mean :-). Can't really imagine anything else. As you said connect Sky to Foxsat is more than a bit ambigous. Lots imagine a Sky dish is just that rather than just a dish on 28.2/28.5E.

Remember the hoohah when the Foxsat was launched, Currys insisting Sky users had to have a new dish install if they wanted to buy one - ooer.

| Tue 4 Sep 2012 14:33:39 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.