My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

connecting rf leads to TV

(10 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

pseudonym

I have a Humax HDR-2000T and an old Sony freeview CRT TV. This TV has RF in and out so I was able to connect the Humax so TV could be on but Humax off by using a rf splitter at the Humax. One rf lead comes from the aerial to the splitter then one lead goes from splitter to TV rf in and other comes from TV rf out to other side of splitter.

Question is - I need a new TV. They only have one RF socket. Will I need a splitter at the TV socket as well to connect up the same. I want to be able to record two programs and watch a third on TV.

Thanks

| Wed 10 Jun 2015 0:46:52 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

You only need one splitter. Aerial to splitter in, one splitter output HDR2000T, the other to the TV. You don't need to use the rf out on your existing TV.

| Wed 10 Jun 2015 9:52:01 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

grahamlthompson - 44 minutes ago  » 
    You only need one splitter.

Of course you don't actually need a splitter at all. Assuming the Humax has the latest software, turning off power saving in standby and connecting the aerial lead to the Humax aerial in socket and then the aerial out on the Humax to the TV aerial in will work.

| Wed 10 Jun 2015 10:38:50 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

The OP clearly has enough signal for a passive splitter and already has one. I can't see the point of using extra electricity 24/7 for zero advantage. That's why I didn't mention it.

| Wed 10 Jun 2015 11:47:43 #4 |
  5. tellboy

tellboy

Just bought a HDR-2000T 500GB (June 21st 2015 )
    The RF out to the TV does not give a picture in Standby only when ON.
    Last Software Update is dated 12 sept 2013. Is there a later update that fixes this ?

| Wed 24 Jun 2015 9:19:36 #5 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Not sure on dates but you need version 1.01.06 or later for RF loopthru to be enabled when power saving is switched off

See this link for 1.01.06 and later version 1.01.13

http://www.humaxdigital.com/uk/products/product_releases.php?gid=442&pid=6

| Wed 24 Jun 2015 9:35:56 #6 |
  7. tellboy

tellboy

Thanks, the download has fixed this problem after changing the power management settings.
    As suggested in this thread a non powered splitter might be best though.

| Wed 24 Jun 2015 12:50:05 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

pseudonym

Barry - 13 hours ago  » 
    Not sure on dates but you need version 1.01.06 or later for RF loopthru to be enabled when power saving is switched off
    See this link for 1.01.06 and later version 1.01.13
    http://www.humaxdigital.com/uk/products/product_releases.php?gid=442&pid=6

I'd check the version, but TV has finally died! Bought a new one today due for delivery in a week. Eeeeee a week with no TV!!!

But thank you I will check this when I can. I'd prefer to use no splitter if possible.

| Wed 24 Jun 2015 22:57:12 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

pseudonym

grahamlthompson - 2 weeks ago  » 
    You only need one splitter. Aerial to splitter in, one splitter output HDR2000T, the other to the TV. You don't need to use the rf out on your existing TV.

Just thought I show a diagram I did of my present connections. New TV coming has only one RF in of course.
    connection diagram

| Fri 26 Jun 2015 0:58:46 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

pseudonym

I have my new TV now. I connected RF via the Humax without a filter. The TV would only find 9 channels. I decided to connect the TV without the Humax and it found all the channels. So I reconnected the Humax with the same RF leads which appeared to be faulty as I switched one and it seemed OK again expect some of the channels shows no signal (all the BBC channels were fine for example).

I went to the Humax to find the software up to date (version 1.01.13). I then switched off the Power Saving mode which allows loop through when in Standby. Bit of a mystery why many channels were OK but many not before doing this.

Anyway - problem solved!! Lovely to have a decent TV at last.

| Sat 4 Jul 2015 21:34:07 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.