My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Connection Question

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

bilirubin

Hi all,

I am currently running an old FOXSAT-HDR that I have had for 10 years plus. It gets its signal from a twin cable connected to a dish ( I don't have a ariel) and these connect to the 2 x inputs on the rear of the box.

I have recently purchased a holiday lodge and it came with a FVP-5000T which is newer and it seems I can record 3 x channels on it instead of 2 so I thought I would take it home and swap them.

However the FVP-5000T only has 1 x co-ax input on the back and nowhere to connect my twin cable.

Is there a way around this via some sort of adaptor or am I trying to achieve something that can't be done?

Thanks in advance

| Fri 3 Nov 2023 16:59:41 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

bilirubin - 15 mins ago  » 
    Is there a way around this via some sort of adaptor or am I trying to achieve something that can't be done?

You need to get an aerial for the FVP-5000T to work. If you are not far from a transmitter an indoor aerial might work otherwise it needs an external aerial.

| Fri 3 Nov 2023 17:17:19 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

meadfoot

The FOXSAT as its name implies is a satellite receiver using a dish whereas the 5000T is a terrestial receiver that gets its signal from an aerial and a land based transmitter

| Fri 3 Nov 2023 17:21:39 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

bilirubin

Thanks for the explanations guys, as I suspected but thought it worth asking the question.

| Sat 4 Nov 2023 1:07:39 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.