My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Connection to DVD recorder

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Feeline

After my sister's 9300T signal failure recently, she has had to replace it with a HDR2000T/500 which we set up and is working OK.

We have also kept the old one connected by HDMI to the TV to view old recordings from the HDD - is this OK? (It does work!)

However, the new one has only 1 scart (2 on the old one) and I'm embarrassed to admit that we're now unable to set up the cables correctly to allow the DVD recorder to record from its own tuner. Help please!

Connectivity:
    Panasonic TV: HDMI x3 Scart x2
    Panasonic DVD recorder: HDMI x1 Scart x2
    New Humax HDR2000T: HDMI x1 Scart x1

Please keep advice simple as you can guess we're not very tech savvy! She will only be using it as a PVR and will not be using any router or computer links.
    We're happy to buy extra cables/aerial leads etc if the wires at the back can be simplfied!

Thank you.

| Sat 15 Nov 2014 17:45:38 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Connect both the DVD recorder by HDMI to separate HDMI sockets on the TV.

Say HDMI1 for the DVDR and HDMI 2 for HDR.

Connect the HDR scart socket to the auxiliary scart on the DVDR (could be marked AV2 or VCR).

Connect the main TV scart on the DVDR to a TV scart - say AV1.

To record using the DVD's own tuner you must have the aerial routed to it.

Example Aerial from roof to DVDR rf (aerial in), DVDR aerial out to HDR in, HDR aerial out to TV in.

To record from the tuner in the DVDR or VCR/AV2 select the recording source as required (most likely a source button on the DVDR remote). To check what you are recording on the DVDR select AV1 in on the TV (It's the only way to see the HDR picture via the DVDR).

Otherwise use the appropriate HDMI input on the TV.

| Sat 15 Nov 2014 17:59:29 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Feeline

Thanks Graham - sorry, I'm still a bit confused.

I did realise that the aerial needs to pass through the DVD to use its own tuner to record, but Humax instruct me always to connect the roof aerial to the HDR first in line, which I've done.

Where I came unstuck was what should happen next to connect the aerial to the DVD also?

Sorry if I seem a bit thick, but like everything, it's easy when you know how!

| Sat 15 Nov 2014 19:03:26 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Each of the boxes has an aerial in and out socket. The order doesn't matter but as the HDR has issues with passing on the signal in sby I would connect the DVDR first in the chain. The input socket on both boxes has a female socket and the output has a male socket. The aerial lead will connect directly to the DVDR input socket. The cable to connect it's output to the input of the HDR needs a female socket on one end and a male on the other end (or a simple coax joiner on one end to convert).

Typical socket arrangement.

http://www.mediacollege.com/images/iresource/ivt/twovcrs/VCRRF.jpg

To convert a male to male patch lead

https://electricaldirectltd.co.nz/dms/images/ecommerce_products/HillsG19124.jpg

If you need to connect the TV just repeat the chain connector.

| Sat 15 Nov 2014 23:13:09 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Feeline

Thanks very much for giving your time and for making your solution so clear - I'll try it that way on my next visit and report back.

| Sun 16 Nov 2014 0:43:29 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.