1. User has not uploaded an avatar

johnJohn

Humax

On a for a while

HDR Fox T2

Greetings All

I've had this box for 3 plus years now.
    It has the currently available software updates
    At short but variable intervals it stops (ceases to display transmission) whilst watching 'live' transmission.
    Displays the black screen with HUMAX
    It remains 'on', IE the blue indicator
    The drive gives a brief whirr
    The box displays 'START SYSTEM'
    On occasions it briefly flashes the green 'screen of death' before behaving normally again for a matter of minutes or less
    The whole failure cycle starts again. As I write however, it has behaved itself for a while now........20 minutes plus!

It will also display the same symptoms on playback and whilst in record mode.

Any help or advice most welcome.
    I am assuming it may be an intermittent failure of the hard drive. BTW, do these use standard PC IDE type hard drives......I have about 8 of those knocking about in various capacities.

Many thanks in anticipation
    John

| Sun 24 Apr 2016 10:35:58 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi welcome to our forum.

Can you try turning off content sharing and post if that stops the reboots ?

The drives are Sata AV type and very easy to replace.

There is a Custom Firmware add on to the Humax software for this box. This includes a disk operating system check and repair capability that may well fix the box without replacing the hard disk right now.

Your symptoms do though seem similar to a known issue with some other active DLNA server packages you may be running on other kit on your home network.

| Sun 24 Apr 2016 11:57:18 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.