My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

Constrained functionality

(14 posts)
  1. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Or use something like Chromecast to play online services from your laptop or tablet to the TV. I prefer a PVR to be good at being a PVR and not end up being a Jack of all trades like the Youview box has.

| Mon 14 Dec 2015 12:50:31 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

countryman

JamesB - good points. I did look into the Huawei but reviews say that the video quality on SD is not very good. I am constrained by the fact that we are still watching on a very good Panasonic plasma screen and so not HD. Nor HDMI, which rules out Chromecast, Gomezz. I agree with your point re Jack of all Trades and which is why, when we do change our TV, I will try and avoid anything with the word 'smart' in the title!

Don't get me wrong..I realise that sooner or later we'll have to bite the bullet but until then I'm soldiering on with what we have.

As an aside, being in IT Security, I have a very jaundiced view of connecting up any TV type device to the internet and have taken steps to isolate any putative TV or PVR box from my primary computing network.

| Mon 14 Dec 2015 13:03:03 #12 |
  3. gomezz

gomezz

special member

If you Panasonic TV has a VGA input socket (with associated audio input socket) then that can still be used with a laptop.

| Mon 14 Dec 2015 14:06:37 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

countryman

No it hasn't got one of those, I'm afraid, but thanks for the suggestion.

| Mon 14 Dec 2015 14:09:53 #14 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.