My Humax Forum » WELCOME to the forums!

Converting YouView DTR-T1000 for use in Australia

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

jasonofoz

Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if there is a way to convert the firmware in this unit so that it can be used in Australia?

I have tried to download a software update from Humax Australia for a simliar unit. Unsurprisingly, it hasn't worked.

Happy to have a "play" with this, so if you have any suggestions as to how I can "re-install the firmware", that would be great.

ps. we took our UK TVs to Australia and they were all able to detect Aussie channels - but not the Youview for some reason.

| Tue 24 Mar 2020 14:18:46 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Australia uses a different mux spacing to the UK. So the DVB tuners won't work.

| Tue 24 Mar 2020 14:36:32 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

jasonofoz

grahamlthompson - 7 mins ago  » 

Many thanks for the fast reply.
    Is there a reason why the Samsung TV works ok?
    Silly question, but is there a way to adjust the mux spacing or a way to "flash" new firmware to it for aussie compatibility?

| Tue 24 Mar 2020 14:45:03 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

captgeneralmark

@jasonofoz Most probably, the TV was built to work in as many markets (countries) as possible. Whereas the DTR-T1000 was only intended for the UK market.

| Tue 24 Mar 2020 16:23:35 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

jasonofoz - 2 hours ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 7 mins ago  » 

Many thanks for the fast reply.
    Is there a reason why the Samsung TV works ok?
    Silly question, but is there a way to adjust the mux spacing or a way to "flash" new firmware to it for aussie compatibility?

The only box I ever heard of that could do this was the Topfield SD Pvrs. They came from Oz and the local software worked.

Afraid you will need a local box.

| Tue 24 Mar 2020 17:02:01 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

jasonofoz - 4 hours ago  » 
    a way to "flash" new firmware to it for aussie compatibility?

If there is an Australian Humax recorder that uses EXACTLY the same hardware as the DTR-T1000 and the firmware is available as a download then it may be possible to modify the header in the firmware so that it will load; I have certainly done this for earlier Humax boxes. NB if the hardware is not identical then loading an incompatible software will probably brick the box (i.e. render it unusable and unrevoverable)/

| Tue 24 Mar 2020 19:09:26 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Martin Liddle - 4 hours ago  » 

jasonofoz - 4 hours ago  » 
    a way to "flash" new firmware to it for aussie compatibility?

If there is an Australian Humax recorder that uses EXACTLY the same hardware as the DTR-T1000 and the firmware is available as a download then it may be possible to modify the header in the firmware so that it will load; I have certainly done this for earlier Humax boxes. NB if the hardware is not identical then loading an incompatible software will probably brick the box (i.e. render it unusable and unrevoverable)/

The DTR-T1000 does not permit its firmware to be updated via USB.

There is an Australian model which looks like the DTR-T1000 and is called HDR-7500T. The binaries for the HDR-7500T and the HDR-FOX T2 are apparently very similar. Based on that I'd expect that the hardware of the HDR-7500T is more like an HDR-FOX T2 rather than a DTR-T1000.

| Tue 24 Mar 2020 23:35:08 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.