My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Copy files to ext3 drive

(19 posts)
  1. sloppyjoe

sloppyjoe

special member

I have an ext3 formatted USB drive that I attach to my Foxsat HDR. I have converted several videos using AV2HDR and I want to copy them to the USB ext3 drive using Win 7. I have Ext2 Volume Manager installed and it mounts the disc, however it refuses to let me write to it, and says it's write protected ! I put the same USB ext3 drive on Ubuntu and it says the same thing...

Anyone with ideas

| Tue 28 Feb 2012 12:41:28 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

EXT2 Volume Manager can be run in Read mode only.

See Tools/Service Management.

| Tue 28 Feb 2012 12:45:15 #2 |
  3. sloppyjoe

sloppyjoe

special member

grahamlthompson - 12 minutes ago  » 
    EXT2 Volume Manager can be run in Read mode only.
    See Tools/Service Management.

purfect ! thx

| Tue 28 Feb 2012 12:57:51 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

harroagtepablo

Does anyone know how I cam transfer file to an EXT 3 drive using vista.

I downloaded EXT 2 content manager and while I can see the drive now (before I couldn't) I cant write to it.

Anyone got a Noddy's guide?

| Wed 29 Feb 2012 9:31:46 #4 |
  5. sloppyjoe

sloppyjoe

special member

harroagtepablo - 33 minutes ago  » 
    Does anyone know how I cam transfer file to an EXT 3 drive using vista.
    I downloaded EXT 2 content manager and while I can see the drive now (before I couldn't) I cant write to it.
    Anyone got a Noddy's guide?

Have you looked at Grahams comment just above !

| Wed 29 Feb 2012 10:05:57 #5 |
  6. sloppyjoe

sloppyjoe

special member

..and while we are on this subject. I have copied 3 videos to my USB hard drive attached to my FOXSAT HDR. I used AV2HDR and created the correct files. However 2 of the videos work, but the third does not. I have reformatted, renamed, etc, etc,. They are all of the same series and play perfectly if I connect the USB drive to my PC, yet the third will not play on the FOXSAT HDR. All that happens is I get a click sound and the channel returns to whatever is select in the EPG. Any thoughts from anyone ?

| Wed 29 Feb 2012 10:10:58 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

sloppyjoe - 33 minutes ago  » 
    ..and while we are on this subject. I have copied 3 videos to my USB hard drive attached to my FOXSAT HDR. I used AV2HDR and created the correct files. However 2 of the videos work, but the third does not. I have reformatted, renamed, etc, etc,. They are all of the same series and play perfectly if I connect the USB drive to my PC, yet the third will not play on the FOXSAT HDR. All that happens is I get a click sound and the channel returns to whatever is select in the EPG. Any thoughts from anyone ?

That sounds like one for the maestro (Raydon )

Try using the .ts file first output by AV2HDR as a source for AV2HDR and give it a different name (Sort of AV2HDR squared )

| Wed 29 Feb 2012 10:46:57 #7 |
  8. sloppyjoe

sloppyjoe

special member

grahamlthompson - 32 minutes ago  » 

sloppyjoe - 33 minutes ago  » 

Try using the .ts file first output by AV2HDR as a source for AV2HDR and give it a different name (Sort of AV2HDR squared )

I will give that a try,,in the meantime I just noticed something..the nts file is "zero" and the others are about 5K..this must be a clue. Nope got that wrong they vary is size around 10 MBytes or so

| Wed 29 Feb 2012 11:20:02 #8 |
  9. sloppyjoe

sloppyjoe

special member

I just tried this, and again the nts file comes out "zero" so I know it isn't going to play.

| Wed 29 Feb 2012 11:43:04 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

This has worked in the past, open the original in tsmuxergui and remux to a .mts file. Open this in AV2HDR and see if that works.

| Wed 29 Feb 2012 12:22:04 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.