My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Copy programs to laptop/PC

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

bob_g

Hi - I imagine this has been posted before, but I have just discovered that I can see my Fox-T2, when turned on and online with a wireless link to my hub in my W7 Windows Media Player. I can see the individual programs, only SD, not HD unfortunately. Right click the program you want to copy and select properties - you will see a long browser location for the file at the bottom of the pop-up window. Hi-light all of this location (is is longer than the pop-up allows but by dragging down you can hi-light all of it). Copy this file location. Next go to your browser of choice (I use FireFox) and paste the file location into the website address field and press enter. You will then be given the option to open or save the file. Select save. This will save the file in a .TS format to the location you have selected. The file can then be played back (you may have to download a .TS codec for W7, but they are readily available with a quick Google search.

Sorry if this is teaching you to suck eggs, as many of you guys have much more experience with Humax boxes that me. Please let me know if you need further explanation or images.

Mods, please delete if has been done before - I've had a look around and couldn't see anything, but I've not checked everything

| Sun 29 Dec 2013 16:10:26 #1 |
  2. athomson

athomson

special member

VLC player seems to cope quite well as long as the files are not encrypted.

Andy

| Sun 29 Dec 2013 18:15:14 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.